What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What size is this washer in imperial?

RudeDogg1

Registered
I'm after a load of washers but not sure what they are in imperal coding they are about 4mm internal 9 outer and 1 thick. I'm crap at working out their coding

I'm not sure I follow, but why not just measure what you want using an imperial tape measure / ruler, rather than converting from metric? Or do you mean you don't understand imperial measurements at all ?

Here you go Sunshine.

http://www.engineering.com/Library/ArticlesPage/tabid/85/ArticleID/118/Washer-Size-Chart.aspx

The top washer which is a #6 has dimensions of 5/32" hole, 3/8" diameter and 3/64" thickness.
In sensible terms that is 4mm hole, 9.5mm diameter and 1.2mm thick.

So you need a #6 washer.

Cheers oddly I got some #6 and the hole in the middle was right but the outside was tiny compared to the original so I assumed #6 just referred to the bolt size it would fit.

Cheers oddly I got some #6 and the hole in the middle was right but the outside was tiny compared to the original so I assumed #6 just referred to the bolt size it would fit.
That's unusual because I've always found imperial washers to generally have a bigger diameter to hole ratio than metric.

Andy at pinball mania is very helpful with sourcing the original sized washers, screws etc etc

Back
Top Bottom