What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What retro games are you currently playing?

Sgt GrizZ

Site Supporter
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
Lovely stuff ; R-Type is one greatest ever shoot'em ups ever and the graphics/art still stands up today imho.
Love the series in general and have Third Lightning (JPN - unboxed unfortunately) , R-Types (JPN- complete) R-Type Delta (complete- the JPN version with the better cover)
Also have Rtype Final 1+ 2 - haven't put much time into R-T F2 yet, but love what they've does with some of the homage stages. Have you played it?
R-Type a classic
Always a fan of that era scrolling shooters.
Nemesis and Salamander were my great loves in the arcades back then 💥

Last edited:
OP
OP
ronsplooter

ronsplooter

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris
Picked up this Sharp Twin Famicom recently and currently playing Castlevania 2 :thumbs: Really cool system and complements my Master System very nicely.

Got a few games for it but always on the lookout for more so if anyone has any Famicom or Famicom Disk games they're looking to move on then give me a shout.

PXL_20220908_180638677.jpg

PXL_20220908_180707337.jpg

PXL_20220908_180736170.jpg

ChrisH

Site Supporter
Alias
CHR
Return To Monkey Island!

The final part with Ron Gilbert back at the helm
Not a retro game, but sort of belongs here as I'm sure nearly everyone has played at least the first two.....
Only played for a couple of hours and it's really good - it's good to be back on Melee Island :)

HomerRamone

Site Supporter
Alias
HomerRamone
Return To Monkey Island!

The final part with Ron Gilbert back at the helm
Not a retro game, but sort of belongs here as I'm sure nearly everyone has played at least the first two.....
Only played for a couple of hours and it's really good - it's good to be back on Melee Island :)
(wanders off to steam)

Johnnics

Registered
Alias
john
Have you ever reached the point where you don't know what to play? As I've said before I have too many games I've never played that I ought to have played. I've always been someone who would pick a game up and play it because there is little investment but a lot of fun in reward: Mario Kart (all of them) and arcade shoot 'em ups being prime examples. But I've a lot of games where the opposite it true: all of the Zelda games, Shenmue 1 and 2, and way too many more. Anyone got any good examples where I can invest a lot and have a lot of fun? Bearing in mind I'm really quite impatient :D

kevlar

Registered
Alias
Kevin Donovan
Sorta retro, currently playing through ' Prodeus ', a 2 year old retro inspired indie game that's just appeared on Xbox gamepass. It's basically a rip off of the original Doom but done very well. I'm really enjoying it.

JWG9999

Site Supporter
Alias
John Gardiner
Sorta retro, currently playing through ' Prodeus ', a 2 year old retro inspired indie game that's just appeared on Xbox gamepass. It's basically a rip off of the original Doom but done very well. I'm really enjoying it.

Thank you for the heads up. I love old school FPSs. I've played through every Doom / Wolfenstein / Half Life & Black Mesa I could ever find
(but not Doom Eternal which just didn't resonate with me and got too much, too difficult by half way in).

This looks right up my street.

Top Bottom