What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What game are you spending most time with at the moment ?

Sgt GrizZ

Registered
Ex PinballInfo Admin . MIA Brighton Hove beach
Alias
Ive
I can't stop playing Dirty Harry ! Just battering it this week
biggrin-1.png
Getting some pretty good scores too.

One of the most under rated 90s pins IMHO. Love it !

Here's the Williams Promo for it - slightly cheezy but fun as they all were

Never played Dirty Harry but it does look sweet. Nice skill shot from the Magnum as well.

Found myself playing lots of the shadow after i was supposed to be selling it. Got obsessed with trying to make the 7 way combo, and try to manage more than 6 shadow loop shots, and decided to keep it. I keep telling the missus that i'll sell it 'soon'....muahhaa.

Really like Dirty Harry too. Only ever played it a few times at the First south coast slam, but couldnt really hear it. Hope to give another chance some day....

Dirty Harry does look very cool. Until yesterday I was mostly/only playing WCS.....but now I think I'll be hammering Whirlwind
smile-1.png
In fact I might get out of work early now to go an play.

Rus121' date=' post: 1677450 said:
Found myself playing lots of the shadow after i was supposed to be selling it. Got obsessed with trying to make the 7 way combo, and try to manage more than 6 shadow loop shots, and decided to keep it. I keep telling the missus that i'll sell it 'soon'....muahhaa.

Really like Dirty Harry too. Only ever played it a few times at the First south coast slam, but couldnt really hear it. Hope to give another chance some day....

Shadow is an awesome game. That would of been my Harry at the Slam
wink-1.png
And yeah like all games you need to hear em properly - there are some great sounds on it, 'Magnum Bullet' awards are surely the coolest sounding gunshot sounds on any pinball game :cool:

Managed to pick up a Spidey a couple of weeks ago, played it a lot in arcades before I bought it so knew that I would love it, but didn't know it would be quite this addictive, such a good game, the first Stern I have owned as well. Still haven't managed super hero yet, was about 3 shots away yesterday, but alas SDTM
smile-1.png
My best is 340 Milllion....must...get...super...hero...

Fixing G n R and bloody HH has been taking up my time :mad: Have been playing MM a fair bit with the lad - he got a very respectable 75million and was only one shot off defeating the king of pain.He even knocked the dude off the 4 th top score;)

got Taf back up and running after Daverty so we all have been playing on that one,youngest one was one shot of his first tour of the mansion.

roadshow16' date=' post: 1677458 said:
Managed to pick up a Spidey a couple of weeks ago, played it a lot in arcades before I bought it so knew that I would love it, but didn't know it would be quite this addictive, such a good game, the first Stern I have owned as well. Still haven't managed super hero yet, was about 3 shots away yesterday, but alas SDTM
smile-1.png
My best is 340 Milllion....must...get...super...hero...

Woohoo, managed it! Incredible game and incredible wizard mode. Didn't quite complete it, after 8 shots to sandman the ball drained, don't think I have ever screamed so hard at a pinball machine! Managed to put up just shy of 500 Million, what a buzz

Great stuff fella. LOve that wizard mode feeling..... Trying desperately to get to a billion on IJ, just to hear the magic...

Screaming at pinball is a curse i am also riddled with. I get complaints about screaming F-this and F-that late at night. lol.....i feel your pain...
biggrin-1.png

LOTR - still! Destroyed the Ring twice this morning (fnar fnar! :confused:) - one mode left to complete and needed to complete Return of the King multiball to get to Valinor and screwed it up! Grr..... Still at least I got the #1 high score back after Daventry. Better get back on there and go again eh?

replicas' date=' post: 1677490 said:
Johnny Menmonic at the mo, It just sucks you in
wink-1.png

I got hooked on my JM the other day, 1st time I have played it properly since owning (12 months as it's at a different location) music is well cool and the game is different to everything else I own, would like to have it at home so that I could get deeper into the rules and gameplay but that will have to wait.

Currently playing BTDK which is wicked

Dreads' date=' post: 1677651 said:
I got hooked on my JM the other day, 1st time I have played it properly since owning (12 months as it's at a different location) music is well cool and the game is different to everything else I own, would like to have it at home so that I could get deeper into the rules and gameplay but that will have to wait.

Currently playing BTDK which is wicked

Have heard JM is the fastest pin out there bar none. Would love to play it. Addicted to FT at the moment:)

It is fast when clean
smile-1.png
, rumour has it that the F14 is quicker, I think it's difficult to make a claim that one machine is that much quicker than another (similar machines obviously), often it's just down to perception.

New balls and a freshly waxed playfield will make any machine feel quick, in theory any machine with new flipper parts should hit the ball with the same velocity which in turn should result in similar speeds off the flipper bat, any machine which allows the ball to travel from the flipper round the outer orbit of the playfield undisturbed (providing that the playfield angle is the same) should result in the same speed, sorry to ramble, just trying to debunk the fastest pinball claim :confused:.

JM is a very rare game, I think I have only ever seen 2-3 for sale on ebay in years

Well, JM is another pin that remains on my look for list. Demand exceeding supply at the moment for sure!

I think you are definitely correct "Demand exceeding supply " I grabbed mine while I had the chance although always felt I paid way to much for it, it was the rarity aspect which encouraged the purchase but turns out it is a really decent title so in hindsight I'm glad I went for it when I did although it’s been a long bonding process.

Nearly flogged it at a large loss a few months after purchase but glad I held out and decided to give it a chance.

JM is a very fast game, sure. But i swear No fear smokes it for speed and flow......As long as you can play it well that is.

Still yet to find a game other than NF where the ball moves so fast theres no chance of seeing it. (hit left orbit, then smash the ball into the center orbit for speed and spin you wouldnt think possible)

Hated F14 as a kid, way too fast for me back then......haha.

Back
Top Bottom