What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what did you all think of TRON then?

cooldan

i like pizza
at Daventry there was a TRON.

i only got one game and another two balls on it, so i didn't have a chance to form a proper opinion, but i still have a first impression.

so what did everyone else think of it then?

I only got 1 game on it too but from that it looked ok. There were plenty of other pins there I liked more.

After seeing pic's of the LE this pro model looked a little bare esp on the ramps.

As for play didn't really get enough plays to give a fair revue.

Loved it, the skillshot takes skill, ramps are nice and it flows well. Sound calls were good as was the music. Was a little dissapointed with the spinning disc at first until it shot the ball back and imparted spin on it so it got halfway back down the table and then headed 90 degrees to the left! Would have sworn there were magnets!

Yes, the ramps are plastic. If they weren't you'd not be able to see anything! Love it, will pick one up in a couple of years time. Bit like buying a year old car, let someone take the hit on depreciation
biggrin-1.png

I loved it too. That spinning disc is amazing with the amount of backspin it can put on the ball. Tried to overlook the weak ass stern flippers, but the heat in the room made it worse as the day went on. I could feel the bass of the machine through the flipper buttons (always a good thing). I also love Daft Punk, so it would be a machine i would love to own (LE though, of course)

Yep I like Tron too, very nice eyecandy and played pretty good. I joined in on a four player game at the show and came last.... all good fun.
smile-1.png

Didn't fall in love with it but generally thought it was an okay game. Love the music but would rather spend a tenner in iTunes on a Daft Punk album than a few k on a Tron: Legacy pin. Personally, i thought that the overall feel of the table was a little cheap - possibly to do with the plastic ramps and the matchbox style light cycles. To be fair to the machine, I only had a couple of goes and maybe it needed more time. I would happily play this in the wild but wouldn't splash the cash (not that I have any) on a NIB.

I was shocked at how small the "toys" were on it, in real life. Tiny dicast models and a itsy bitsy arcade machine that had a flashing light in it. Couldn't really hear the sounds on it either.

Not immediately obvious which shots are needed to start or complete features is the biggest niggle about the machine. Took a few goes to get the hang of - especially the right inner loop above the right ramp, which was not achievable using the left flippers. You have to shoot the "R" in TRON targets on the left to achieve it....!

Watched the film yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it - doesn't make we want to rush to buy but I would rush to play one!
smile-1.png

I played this in Daventry and will upload a little video clip. I thought it was a good machine; not sure if it's 'great'. However, with the LE machine I'm bordering on buying one. Sterns are IMO just reaching the threshold of buyability again..

Back
Top Bottom