What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are they worth?

erd

Registered
Hi all,

I have rediscovered my love of pinball at the replay expo 2011 last weekend - well worth the journey.

Now I want to play more pinball, but there is nothing around here for 20+ miles (Northwich, Cheshire). I thought I would buy a machine, trouble is, how do you know what is a good buy? How do you buy machines off ebay without driving the prices up and avoid a bidding war or getting ripped off?

The price of some of those machines are getting close to the price of the new Stern machines. But without pinball arcades, where to you try before you buy?

Where are those 20,000 Addams family machines!!

I see there's a Fish Tales on ebay, which I love, but the music would drive me crazy at home.

Frustrated from Northwich,

Erd.

I thought the music would drive me nuts but when I am playing it, it is ok
smile-1.png

Ebay prices are higher usually. Try and decide what you want and put a message on the wanted/for sale section and keep your fingers crossed;)

Does anyone know a ballpark figures for a good condition Judge Dredd? Torn between Dredd, The Shadow and The Getaway at the moment. I take it The Getaway should be cheaper than the other two.

Shadow is the best of the 3 imo. £1k+ on ebay, maybe £800 on the board if someone is selling.

Thory' date=' post: 1688391 said:
Does anyone know a ballpark figures for a good condition Judge Dredd? Torn between Dredd, The Shadow and The Getaway at the moment. I take it The Getaway should be cheaper than the other two.

Don't really rate either Shadow or JD that much, they are both more expensive than the Getaway although that may be a better machine (can't comment) JD I would say circa a grand around now, nice Shadow will be upwards of £1200, Getaway £700-800 for a nice one.

There was a glut of JD's this time last year but again they don't seem to be coming up, I think Stan had the nicest one for grabs, not sure if he still has, parting or keeping, that was circa £2K I think.

Back
Top Bottom