What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a plonka I am (sttng)

Lomdonlad5uk

Registered
Hi all,

To say I'm annoyed with myself is an understatement but tonight noticed I have previously caught playfield with screwdriver and made a small gouge out of it (see pic) so my question is was options do I have? Is there anyone who repairs as I don't want to leave it as is and 800 squids for replacement is not happening at this time , I know it's only small but I'm ocd With this kind of thing and am worried more paint will come off etc if play with it like this . Any advice appreciated.image.jpeg

I don't know of anyone local to you - but try searching for "Chris Platt" on this forum.

He's further up north but his work looks good and i'm hoping to get my playfield to him once i've got the cash to have the work done.

Personally I'd touch the black in and leave it. Unless you fancy stripping (top side and bottom) a sttng playfield and sending it away. I feel your pain though, did a similar thing on whitewater :eek:

Yeah I think that's what gonna do my bro very good at model painting etc and has all the brushes etc so he gonna come help me tomorrow and try sort it best we can :( , such a gutting feeling as been doing a lot to it lately got it looking real nice :(

Yeah was thinking Mylar I've read that nail varnish may be okay to apply after touched up to protect the affected area would this be okay? Don't want to make things worse for myself

I've used "Hard as Nails" nail varnish before to cover very small touch ups and it worked well. It's also good for protecting the bare wood edges of scoops. I'll be using it on my Robot shop log to protect the inside edges of the holes where the robot heads pop up.

That's a shame but I think most of us have done something like that at some time or other, I can think of a few I've done over the years, the worst was a schoolboy error of using a screw that was too long going through a playfield (10 year's ago though!) or working on a game with it switched on and taking a board out.

As J.C. says, pictures please when you have done it :)

Will defo post some pics up gotta wait till next sat now as bro was busy but hey ho , feel slightly better knowing I'm not only one but still gutted as was aiming to get it up to an excellent standard and this somehow taints it but will have to make do for now :) and maybe one day get it repaired or replaced properly , cheers for the replies peeps.

was gonna have a game tonight but think I'll wait don't want to possibly cause more paint to come off before repairing

Yeah black shouldn't be prob but the gouge goes into the saucer slightly too so could see matching that up being a pain in the backside but you live and learn, next time I work with screwdriver near playfield a thick towel going over it first :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom