What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted WH20 Playfield slide lock piece

Tyke

Site Supporter
Alias
Mike
My WH20 doesn’t lock the playfield when I pull it out and I think it’s down to a missing piece each side. Does anyone have a pair of these spare please?

C033F9DD-0872-4B16-92F3-6DD0179E1882.jpeg

Don’t think that’ll help. Tilt the playfield without using the catches.

Then examine the mechanism. Check that the arrow shaped bit is free to move and springs back into the closed position freely.

If the above does not sort it .....

These mechanisms can get bent out of shape over time if abused.

If the pegs attached to the side of the cab are tight, they should be ok, it is the runner/ arrowhead structure that bends. If you pull too hard to engage the click, you can bend the end stop, increasing the angle on it from the original 90 degrees. As this happens, folk pull the mechanism even harder to engage the click making it all worse.

It is years since I straightened one. From memory I fear that it was playfield out, remove the metalwork from the PF and it required some persuasion with a hammer and / or vice to straighten it.

Worked perfectly after that

Cheers chaps I’ll give it a good eyeballing and see if it needs some adjustments.

Quickly whipped them off and yeah they have been pounded out of shape.

73F4B3D1-0034-4FE2-9F26-4EE81FB3015E.jpeg

Mr hammer has straightened them out 😄 hopefully that will do the job.

0DD88706-1FAC-4D73-AC7C-E1098A9EF9FC.jpeg

Just re bumping this post. I fixed the mechanisms to allow the playfield to lock so that’s all good.

Those bits I circled in the original post I guess are to help the playfield run smoother along the wooden rails? Does anyone have a pair as I don’t have them on my playfield and the wooden rails had been eaten by the playfield digging into it.

Back
Top Bottom