What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well don't I just feel like a twat......

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
Tales of massive pinball stupidity and laziness here:oops:

Matt borrowed a few machine for the LPC earlier in the year and at the event the crane on my LAH started playing up. Got the machines back and they pretty much just sat in my back room waiting to have time to set them back up.

Eventually got them all set up again a few days before my meet. At the time both LAH and ID4 looked a bit weird but really didn't have time to check why. Wondered if I got someone else's legs back from the LPC but felt I could live with it for the time being.

Anyway, I've been playing around with the LAH for the last few weeks adjusting switches and generally farting around with the crane trying to get it to work properly while ignoring the leg issue as I couldn't face the effort of changing them.

Eventually the penny dropped that I simply had to swap the front legs on the two machines across and both should then be at the right height. 15 mins later, hey presto, two machines at the right height, Turned LAH back on and the crane issue is now totally solved. Guess the angle wasn't allowing a switch to register correctly.

Moral of the story? Laziness has meant that two machines were pretty much unplayable for 3 months for the sake of a simple leg change - doh....

Easily done mate! We label all legs with machine name and occasionally with front or back... :)

Someone set my TZ up at the 2nd Slam and put the rear legs on different mount holes to the front ones (TZ has 3 holes at each leg for some reason) ..... wondered why it was playing so oddly :confused: !

For higher or lower pitch maybe? Was it a factory extra hole then? Seems abit odd

My IJ has three leg holes and I set it up for midgets at first, I played it like that for a day and realised I couldn't live with the back ache.

Back
Top Bottom