What's new

Welcome to the carpathians......and my kitchen

ronsplooter

Site Supporter
Alias
Chris
As a bit of a change from his castle in Romania, Dracula has decided to take up residence in my kitchen :D Been after one of these for a while so huge thanks to Darren for hooking me up with this one.....good to see you today mate :thumb:

I'll post some pics later if I can tear myself away from playing it! Thhhiiirrrttyyyy Miiiiillllllllliiiioooooonnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!

nice one dude!
i'm getting mine in a week or so, so reset the high scores and let me know what my target is.
Darren! did you have two of these then?

Chris, you gonna post some pictures, or do i have to beg?

nice one dude!
i'm getting mine in a week or so, so reset the high scores and let me know what my target is.
Darren! did you have two of these then?

Chris, you gonna post some pictures, or do i have to beg?

Was thinking of throwing out a worm and waiting for a bite but no, I can't do that to you Pal.
Yes I had two.
Yours is still here waiting for you to sink your teeth into it.

Well you certainly don't hang about in getting it set up and a few games played.
Have fun.
How are we doing with the multiball stacking ?

Struggling to hit the coffin ramp consistently at the moment so not much joy with the stacking. I had one game where I briefly got mist and castle running together but then drained by flailing away at the coffin ramp. Such an awesome game, I'm loving it :rockon:

Really is an awsome game, and perhaps the most addictive game that I have owned. I have planned on just having a game or 2 on Drac and spent a few hours on it not being able to walk away, it lures you in. I think my best is around 3.5 billion, congrats on the new game, Craig

It is an awesome game - very addictive and tough. May have to move it to 4 balls but we will see. I added Dreads red playfield light - it looks really good. Think this is the best bang for buck pin out there.

Had a mate over today (OrochiLeona) for a 6 hour pinball marathon and put a new highscore on BSD so the current target to beat when you get yours is 1.046B ;)

Sounds like a great game so will have to add it to my wants list for when I get my log cabin built - did you only have two Daz or have you got another hidden somewhere?

Sounds like a great game so will have to add it to my wants list for when I get my log cabin built - did you only have two Daz or have you got another hidden somewhere?

Only the two but I will keep a look out for you.

Spent a bit of time this evening starting to fit the LED kit I bought at the LPC.....got a cracking show deal from David at Pinball LED. So far I've done the backbox and the GI but there's still all of the inserts to do. Went with all warm whites for the backbox with 906 flashers. I'm really happy with the look of the warm whites but I think I'm going to put incandescent flashers back in and use the LED ones on the pf....the bright white flashers just didn't look right with the warm whites.

P1040082.jpg

For the pf I've gone with a mixture of blue and red. Bottom half of the pf is done in blue and the upper half red. I think this has come out awesome, it looks even better in real life than it does in the pics ;)

P1040074.jpg P1040075.jpg
P1040076.jpg P1040078.jpg

Looks awesome dude. Blue suits it well. Wouldn't it be cool if you could get candle effect!! That'd be great with this theme.

Spooky game - it freaked me out the first time I saw the levitating ball go across the playfield! Too many beers maybe :)

that blue lighting effect certainly grabs the eye, dude!

finally got mine today - i managed to get the delivery down to a 5 minute window, during which i told the missus i was going in the garden for a smoke: i then leapfrogged the fence, hotfooted it down to the garage where Martin was just parking, loaded it into the cleared space, paid up, shook his hand, and ran back to hurdle the fence back to pick up the ciggy i'd lit that was still burning. job was a good 'un, she never suspected a thing :D

anyway, here she is:

3.jpg4.jpg

it's got those short flippers on it, and those pictures on the slingshots that apparently got pulled cos Winona said no, or something.

6.jpg5.jpg

so anyway, i powered it up and had a game. got about 30M, thought that was pretty fun. had another go, this time got about 70M, more fun. some guy kept shouting 'ten million' at me. one more go - and this time it all went mental and he was shouting 'thirty million' at me, a LOT. i was well happy with my 964M score, then i went into the menu and realised it had been set on tournament with 3 balls and no extra balls, so i changed it to extra balls allowed. i had about ten more games after that, and never got above 150M - but i blame this on the bottle of Chardonnay i necked in the garage while setting it up and having the first few games :)

love it so far. now i have to go and read the rules, and watch that tutorial again and try to work out what i did and how to do it again.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 9
the bottle of Chardonnay i necked in the garage

Pure class.....you sir, are truly cultured :thumb: That is one nice looking BSD you've got there Dan....how do the proto sling plastics look in real life, never been sure about them based on the pics. I deffo need to get some lightning flippers for mine asap. Sounds like a textbook operation to get it into the tiki hut as well.

Dan,
Great to see it arrived safely.
Oh and listen to what Drac has to say about never drinking wine.

Dan,
Great to see it arrived safely.
Oh and listen to what Drac has to say about never drinking wine.

"i never drink ..... wine": i'd heard that quote a hundred times before on MB, and never realised it was (presumably) a homage to this game. safe arrival was never in doubt, Martin will always get all my business, he packs and transports and loads/unloads them like they were his own. i told him he should put some business cards out and he said he has loads out there, but i don't think i've ever seen one.

hopefully John will chime in tonight soon that his new game also arrived safe - also from you Daz, i think? - and i think that in between, Martin has been to Matt V's place as well, and probably more on top. i bet he's still out driving now.

Yup, Martin showed up yesterday afternoon and we snuck the machine in before Anna got home from work. So far, so good, she has no idea that a new machine is in the house. If I can keep it that way for a month plus then I can go for the "but I've had it for ages line", if not then maybe something has to go.

Martin has done cards before as I picked one up at the SCS. Sits in my wallet a bit like an AA card to remind me that I've got a problem.....

Sadly the container of pins was leaving rather than coming into the country. Off to NZ with a load of A list machines off ebay (has one man caused the ebay inflation in the UK by buying enough to fill a container? Puts my own buying levels into perspective. I gather it was a case of, well I want a few machines for myself then.... as long as I'm hiring a container I might as well fill it)

Will try to take some photos later, but playing BBH really does lower the IQ. I'm one stage away from buying a checked shirt

bambiblood-1.jpg tumblr_lobol2FC3O1qgkai1o1_500-1.png

Oy! There's nothing wrong with wearing checked shirts! :)

And yes I do regret selling my Fish Tales a while back....

Back
Top Bottom