What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Neyens has died, age 104 and one day (forwarded message)

Gary Flower

Site Supporter
I am sad to announce the death of Wayne Neyens, Jul 30, 2022. He was 104 on July 29. Many of you knew him, visited him at his home, had seen him at Pinball Expo, own or played many of the games he designed, and have read the histories written about him. After discovering that Wayne lived in Mountain Home, Arkansas and that he was a friendly guy who welcomed visitors to chat about pinball and get the chance to play his Spirit of 76, I first visited him in July 2011. Since then we became friends and I visited many times and spoke often on the phone or communicated with email. He drove to Bentonville, AR to visit me and see the Daisy Museum in Rogers and Crystal Bridges when he was 95.

His two daughters were with him when he died. I have attached a photo that was taken on his birthday with a sign from John and Jan Osborne and a 100th Birthday Award & Sculpture from his friends at the Pacific Pinball Museum. The photo on the cake is of Wayne with his Spirit of 76. Originally the score reels were at 100, and each year Wayne got a kick out of moving the first digit up by one. At his 103rd birthday party he assured me he was going to make 104, and sure enough he did, plus one day.

His daughters have requested any donations be made to Hospice of the Ozarks https://www.hospiceoftheozarks.org/ 811 Burnette Drive, Mountain Home, AR 72653. There is a "In Honor/Memorial" donation link on the hospice website.

There will be a funeral in Mountain Home on Tuesday, August 2, 2022, at 2pm, at Roller Funeral Home 25 County Rd 27, Mountain Home https://www.rollerfuneralhomes.com/

Wayne had a wonderful life, full of adventures, service in the US Army during WWII, a lovely wife and 3 children and many, many friends and folks appreciative of his immeasurable contribution to the pinball industry and the success of Gottlieb. I will miss him. He was a true gentleman and great friend.

This message sent in behalf of Wayne's daughters, Patty and Phyllis.

Attachments

• wayne.png
    wayne.png
    117.7 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom