What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wax on, wax off

I've tried a few different ones. I have this one that is nice and easy to put and and buff off. Leaves a nice finish. However I feel that it doesn't give as smooth as a surface as the mill wax.
Obviously everyone's opinion on this is different. Personal preference I guess.
The best stuff I've found is car body wax (turtle wax) but it tends to come off in dust and goes everywhere, so I stopped using it.

Turtle Wax gives an amazing shine. I used to use it on cars back before I had kids and actually had some time to spare. Its dusty though as Darren said. Now I use Autoglym Super Resin Polish on the car and pinball machines.

Pledge. Nothing else.

The issue with wax is it leaves white crap all over the place on things you can't buff off, like star posts. It'll then cause plastic parts to rot and go brittle. If you're stripping a game down during a shop job then by all means wax the hell out of it, but otherwise Pledge leaves everything nice and clean. Hard to reach areas can be tickled with a dry paintbrush or blown off with compressed air.

The game will play super fast too. :thumbs:

I think this Gerlitz stuff is probably the only wax I've not tried on a playfield. It's guitar wax, right?

I've always been a Meguiars man when it comes to cars, and the occasional bit of Autoglym. If you've got a completely stripped playfield, the Autoglym Super Resin Polish followed by a coat of Meguiars Gold Class wax seems to do wonders. But I'm curious about this Gerlitz stuff.

I use gerlitz. I figure that if it is good enough for my guitars it is good enough for playfields. Comes in a funky little tin! Bloody expensive. Easy to apply and not messy at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The way I see it is you want as less friction on the playfield as possible.
I don't feel like I get that smooth finish with Gerlitz. Brings my guitars up nicely, but I don't often roll my balls across them.
I used to get a great finish on car paintwork with meguiars gold class. Turtle wax gave me that finish on a playfield. When you put your hand to it and it just glides across.. prefect. Only problem is the dust with it. Next best thing for me is the Millwax. Just don't get that bad boy on the metalwork.

Back
Top Bottom