What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted WANTED - Super Mario Bros Playfield

8bit-1up

Registered
I’m after a replacement Super Mario Bros playfield if anyone has one? Or does anyone know where can buy a overlay?

Is your beyond restoration?

There’s a character completely missing from the playfield due to ware - didn’t notice princess Peach was missing until I compared my playfield to another one. I suppose having a decal made up would solve the issue, so a restoration is possible. Do you know anyone who can make custom playfield decals?

Don't really know anyone who makes decals and I can't really recommend them. I can restore and clear coat the playfield for you.

Definitely very interested! How much do you charge? And do you have any pics of past restorations you’ve done?

Ok. There we are... Not sure if its a lot or not but I usually charge £500-600. I dont do touch-ups and partial playfield restorations. It's all or nothing. I hate when some people do it half way, ruining the playfield for future restorers - dirt or yellowed colours trapped under the clearcoat
I'm currently finishing Eight Ball Deluxe (playfield done, finishing cabinet) and then I'm free to take another playfield project. Mine can wait :)

Some of my restorations. Not all of them were polished after last coat while taking the photos, so don't mind little orange peel or bits of dust.

Attachments

• cam1.jpg
    cam1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 92
  • cam2.jpg
    cam2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 85
  • cam3.jpg
    cam3.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 20200222_165305.jpg
    20200222_165305.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 20200303_180624.jpg
    20200303_180624.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 74
  • sq1.jpg
    sq1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 70
  • sq2.jpg
    sq2.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 70
  • sq3.jpeg
    sq3.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 71
  • t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 67
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 68
  • t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 70
  • t4.jpg
    t4.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 70
  • t5.jpg
    t5.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 73
  • t6.jpg
    t6.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 65
  • t7.jpg
    t7.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 65
  • t8.jpg
    t8.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 72
  • eb1.jpg
    eb1.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 77
  • eb2.jpg
    eb2.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 80
  • eb2a.jpg
    eb2a.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 75
  • eb3.jpg
    eb3.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 74
  • eb4.jpg
    eb4.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 73
  • eb5.jpg
    eb5.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 70
  • eb6.jpg
    eb6.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 70
  • eb7.jpg
    eb7.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 69
  • eb8.jpg
    eb8.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 95
Wow Chris. Great work. We so desperately needed a uk playfield guy. Since Chris Platt hung up the gloves. Great to know you’re taking orders so to speak.

I didnt relaise Chris P had "retired" from the playfield refurb business?? Thats sad.... however as you say great to see someone more than able to take the reins :)

Now on that front, i may have a little job for you @ChrisFormela something slightly out of the usual if you fancy it... and i dont think too much work either! ;)

I'm happy to help as long as there is no rush. It takes about 2-3 months per playfield. I leave it for 6 weeks after the last layer before I polish it.

I didnt relaise Chris P had "retired" from the playfield refurb business?? Thats sad.... however as you say great to see someone more than able to take the reins :)

Now on that front, i may have a little job for you @ChrisFormela something slightly out of the usual if you fancy it... and i dont think too much work either! ;)
Let me see what U got :)

I'm happy to help as long as there is no rush. It takes about 2-3 months per playfield. I leave it for 6 weeks after the last layer before I polish it.

WOW!!! Very impressive Chris, I will definitely be using your services for the Mario playfield restoration. I don’t suppose you sell the cabinet stencils for Mario also?

@8bit-1up thanks :) Mario would require printed vinyls.
I do own large format, latex printer just don't have time to start designing and printing vinyls yet. However it is on my to-do list as I have few machines requiring them.

That's amazing!! Can you repair damaged edges on holes as well? Thanks for the tip @Spandangler !!! My Road Kings would definitely bnefit from that treatment, can't believe that 8 ball Deluxe is the same playfield. Amazing!

That's amazing!! Can you repair damaged edges on holes as well? Thanks for the tip @Spandangler !!! My Road Kings would definitely bnefit from that treatment, can't believe that 8 ball Deluxe is the same playfield. Amazing!
Hi. Thank you.
I can fix the holes easily. Done it pretty muchn in every restoration. Ill find some photos later.

Back
Top Bottom