What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Wanted Metallica Premium

Andy.S

Site Supporter
If anyone is thinking of selling one in the future please get in touch. Since I first got into pinball this theme has been the one I wanted the most as I’m a great fan of the music. I didn’t want to peek to early by buying my dream machine but now I’ve got a few under my belt and after playing a LE at the weekend I feel now is the time to start looking.
if you wanted to trade with any of the pins I’ve got and cash your way this would be something I may consider. Apart from tspp as I can’t so playing this one at the mo 😄

It's the one game everyone gravitates to.

I can hark on about the ground-breaking complexity of Twilight Zone, nerd-gasm over TRON, or preach the new-****hole-ripping merits of Iron Man, but they all tend to favour Met Prem, simply because it rocks.

Said this before. One of Sterns best pins. Don’t look past the pro as it’s just as fun!
Tbh I’ve never played a pro only the LE at flip out.
Ever since I saw the power blade mod video on YouTube I was hooked.

Did Stern make any Premiums with the updated metal back box, and LED from factory? Or was it just the Pro LED they made?

Did Stern make any Premiums with the updated metal back box, and LED from factory? Or was it just the Pro LED they made?
all premiums are LED, newer are also metal backbox. LE's were LED with wooden backbox.

Tbh I’ve never played a pro only the LE at flip out.
Ever since I saw the power blade mod video on YouTube I was hooked.
Pro is really good.

Last edited:
Who knows how long it could be. Perhaps you could generally berate the machine, give it low ratings on pinside, start topics like ‘Metallica sucks - and I’m a fan(!)’ in order to drum up some sellers. Not sure you’d have much luck though 😁

Who knows how long it could be. Perhaps you could generally berate the machine, give it low ratings on pinside, start topics like ‘Metallica sucks - and I’m a fan(!)’ in order to drum up some sellers. Not sure you’d have much luck though 😁
🤔 I like the way your thinking 😂

Let’s hope one turns up by Thursday it will make the curry and pinball night much more exciting.

good luck Andy on your search

So considering it’s my birthday today dose anyone fancy selling me there Metallica? 😁

Last edited:
So considering it’s my birthday today dose anyone fancy selling me there Metallica? 😁
Hope you had a good birthday (edit: Andy!)
I'll likely be on the hunt for a MET LE/Prem too when I buy my first pin; awesome machine (the one at Flip out is brilliant) - I fear a prem/LE will be out of my price range (if one ever comes up for sale in the U.K; they seem pretty scarce), but let's see!.....
Hope you manage to find one; you'll be very happy 👍🏻

Last edited:
Buy this one:

Play the crap out of it, then decide if you really need the Premium extras for another £2-3k on top - if so, buy one if it ever comes up (selling the Pro).

Buy this one:
[/URL]

Play the crap out of it, then decide if you really need the Premium extras for another £2-3k on top - if so, buy one if it ever comes up (selling the Pro).
That's my plan; I think I'd be happy with that Pro for sale or a Pro with the Light Show mod. I'd prob be jumping on the that one right now if I had the funds (Have a wedding to save for currently; not sure my other half would agree to a reception at a KFC and a honeymoon in Romford so that I can buy a pin unfortunately..... I know what you are thinking; what a selfish lady.....😉)

Hope you had a good birthday Paul!
I'll likely be on the hunt for a MET LE/Prem too when I buy my first pin; awesome machine (the one at Flip out is brilliant) - I fear a prem/LE will be out of my price range (if one ever comes up for sale in the U.K; they seem pretty scarce), but let's see!.....
Hope you manage to find one; you'll be very happy 👍🏻
I was playing the one at flip out on Saturday great machine!
I saw 2 come up for sale last year 1 LE (witch I think may be the one at flipout?) and 1 premium I had the money for the premium but I wasn’t a member so I missed out, this is what made me join.
I can afford the pro that’s currently for sale but Metallica is one of my favourite bands and I think the machine is great so I’ll hold out for the premium.
The pro that’s for sale has been up since before Christmas I think 🤔 so maybe it’ll still be around for your wife to buy you as a wedding present? 😂😂

I was playing the one at flip out on Saturday great machine!
I saw 2 come up for sale last year 1 LE (witch I think may be the one at flipout?) and 1 premium I had the money for the premium but I wasn’t a member so I missed out, this is what made me join.
I can afford the pro that’s currently for sale but Metallica is one of my favourite bands and I think the machine is great so I’ll hold out for the premium.
The pro that’s for sale has been up since before Christmas I think 🤔 so maybe it’ll still be around for your wife to buy you as a wedding present? 😂😂
I was also at Flipout on Saturday; must've crossed paths!
The LE which was on here (the MOP) is I understand the one which @Neil McRae bought and is at Flipout (when I first played it I considered asking Neil if he'd ever sell it to me, but I doubt that'd happen, as I believe it's one of his faves?)
Big fan of the band myself (part of the reason I've played guitar/in bands all these years) - planning on going to see them again at a festival abroad next year.
If my wife could get me a machine as a wedding present she would🙂 - getting married in May next year and I'm expecting to have saved up for a pin before then anyway👍🏻 It'll be down to what's available at the time of course and budget, but if there is a MET available I think that'd be the one.
The Premium is something special (Hammer ball lock is really satisfying; I can't explain why! Spinners, MOP rising cross and superior GI are icing on the cake!) - I'd you have your heart set on it, hold out for one🤟🤟

I was also at Flipout on Saturday; must've crossed paths!
The LE which was on here (the MOP) is I understand the one which @Neil McRae bought and is at Flipout (when I first played it I considered asking Neil if he'd ever sell it to me, but I doubt that'd happen, as I believe it's one of his faves?)
Big fan of the band myself (part of the reason I've played guitar/in bands all these years) - planning on going to see them again at a festival abroad next year.
If my wife could get me a machine as a wedding present she would🙂 - getting married in May next year and I'm expecting to have saved up for a pin before then anyway👍🏻 It'll be down to what's available at the time of course and budget, but if there is a MET available I think that'd be the one.
The Premium is something special (Hammer ball lock is really satisfying; I can't explain why! Spinners, MOP rising cross and superior GI are icing on the cake!) - I'd you have your heart set on it, hold out for one🤟🤟
How funny yes we must have as I was there the hole day!
The hammer is a cool toy and when your 6ft4 it doesn’t spoil my line of sight 😆
Yep I’m getting to hold out for a premium but I feel I’m in for a long wait 😕
Think I may need to put a wanted add out for TWD soon 🤔 as that’s my other favourite pin at flip out and it will keep me busy until a Metallica turns up 😁

How funny yes we must have as I was there the hole day!
The hammer is a cool toy and when your 6ft4 it doesn’t spoil my line of sight 😆
Yep I’m getting to hold out for a premium but I feel I’m in for a long wait 😕
Think I may need to put a wanted add out for TWD soon 🤔 as that’s my other favourite pin at flip out and it will keep me busy until a Metallica turns up 😁
TWD premium is also one of my faves; like with MET, the better I get at the game the more enjoy it (was horrendous at both games for a while!)

Pro has more flow. Hammer lock interrupts the game..

On the flip side, when you start coffin multiball it delivers the balls straight to your left flipper (single player game, with more players someone may have pinched the locked balls preventing this) rather than having to auto launch them in to the game and you waiting for them to feed down to the flippers.

Still on the lookout for a premium if anyone is thinking of moving there’s on in the future?

Back
Top Bottom