What's new

Wanted, Hurricane pinball machine.

John Beveridge

Site Supporter
Preferably unfaded cabinet and backbox and in good working order.

Contact John Beveridge at fireinside@sky.com or on 07773 760555.

Will be selling either my X-Files i have owned for nearly ten years in total or my Avatar machine soon if of any interest, please contact me for details.

Thanks.

Each to their own John. I used to play this back in 1992. At that time it was alongside games like phantom of the opera, de simpsons, checkpoint, bad cats, lw3, rollergames

Against this kind of company it held its own. But then the addams family came out and wiped the floor with games like this. Hurricane just does not stand up to subsequent wpc titles imho

I would thińk that Hurricane and gilligans island are about the cheapest dmd games produced in the wpc era. An average working one went on ebay last year for 700 to 800

It's a good sequel to Cyclone (and Comet for that matter) IMHO, plays like a decent Sys 11 with a DMD and is priced accordingly.

Never sure why it gets the abuse it does, not every game can be a TAF or MM after all, but for some people it seems to be A-list titles or nothing!

It's a good sequel to Cyclone (and Comet for that matter) IMHO, plays like a decent Sys 11 with a DMD and is priced accordingly.

Never sure why it gets the abuse it does, not every game can be a TAF or MM after all, but for some people it seems to be A-list titles or nothing!

Yeah, i just fancy having a nice one and enjoying it again. There are so many games out there just as good as the so called A- List in my opinion, maybe not Hurricane but plenty of others !

Found this forum from a Google alert search I've had for a couple of years on "hurricane pinball" machines that took me to the original post. Was at uni in 1993 when I played and loved it at the local pub, I remember is the "it's clown time!", and would love to own, to take me back to my youth. Currently I have only 1 machine, the getaway 2, from the same era, same reason. My wife would kill me if I suggested a 2nd machine, so I'd have to sell to buy. But John, if you find one, and decide it's not for you please let me know! Cheers, Howard.

I much prefer Gilligan's Island to Hurricane. It doesn't even say 'Hey, you with the face !' for crying out loud. :(

Found this forum from a Google alert search I've had for a couple of years on "hurricane pinball" machines that took me to the original post. Was at uni in 1993 when I played and loved it at the local pub, I remember is the "it's clown time!", and would love to own, to take me back to my youth. Currently I have only 1 machine, the getaway 2, from the same era, same reason. My wife would kill me if I suggested a 2nd machine, so I'd have to sell to buy. But John, if you find one, and decide it's not for you please let me know! Cheers, Howard.
Howard, my wife said the same thing, but I've now got 2 pins and I'm still breathing!

I found all you need to do is let her have something she wants first.

Good luck getting your second pin.

Well i started with a Doctor Who back in 1998 and lasted for two years playing only one machine..........then i bought a Twilight Zone and Corvette which took me to three .......then a Jackbot and Operation Thunder......yep hopelessly addicted ever since but wifie is still talking to me as she enjoys playing them thankfully !

You could be right, but unless i have owned and played a machine i don`t like to condem it 100%. My personal low points were games like Escape From the Lost World i think around 1988 ish and the Data East Simpsons a couple of years later and probably one or two others but i have to admit i do like the vast majority of pinballs i have played..........otherwise i wouldn`t have been so hopelessly addicted for so many years !

I had the misfortune of playing many games on Bugs Bunny in a local pub back when it was released.
I didn't mind the DE Simpsons. Certainly not a Phantom Of The Opera but not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom