What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted/For Sale/Trade Ads - Thread Auto-close

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Looking to implement an auto-close on all posts in the Wanted/For Sale/Trade forums, where all threads will be automatically locked after 1 year. This will hopefully stop people dragging up old threads that are several years old.

Also i believe that if you havent found what you are looking for after a year it would need to be re-posted anyhow!

Will try to get this implemented in 24 hours....

I cant see any negative effects from this - Unless anyone wants to tell me now before i do it?

Thanks!

I'd say you could safely reduce the time to 3months to close a Sale/Wanted thread without it losing anything- or will it apply to ALL threads?

I'd say you could safely reduce the time to 3months to close a Sale/Wanted thread without it losing anything- or will it apply to ALL threads?
Unfortunately not - hence why i suggested 12 months.... It automatically closes all threads in that specific forum (and puts a post in saying it was automatically closed due to the amount of time since the last post..)

I could set to 6 months if people agree that 6 months for a "wanted" thread was long enough....

Unfortunately not - hence why i suggested 12 months.... It automatically closes all threads in that specific forum (and puts a post in saying it was automatically closed due to the amount of time since the last post..)

I could set to 6 months if people agree that 6 months for a "wanted" thread was long enough....
I'd say 6 weeks is enough, assuming a bump would reset the count?

Back
Top Bottom