What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VoIP supplier

ianw

Site Supporter
Alias
cityexile
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good business VoIP supplier?

We are looking to move from our current suppliers. We were moving to BT, but going to cancel the order due to very poor delivery/messed up again!

Shouldnt of tried them again after being let down a couple of years ago

Regards

Ian

What has happened with BT? Maybe I can help sort it?

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've had 2 clients with 100/100 circuits from a non-BT source been told that BT won't provide them VoIP services unless they pull in a second leased line from BT themselves.
I assume this is because of all the support issues and potential unknowns and I absolutely see their point there, but a well segmented 100/100 leased line should be OK for 30 users for data/VoIP (provided it has been segmented correctly of course).
However neither client seemed to have had this properly explained to them.
I didn't fight it too hard as I will always attempt to run as far as I can from being involved with VoIP installs
Don't leave us ISDN you're not so bad :p

Try BSAS Telecoms, they seem very professional. We only have a mobile with them at the moment but I do plan to use them when the time comes, they are good to deal with.

I use Orbtalk. Sip directly to your IP phone over any Provider Internet link..( I use both a cisco an cisco 8861 and a Linksys SPA942)... Never had a problem with them :)

I've used VoIPUnlimited in the past, but only as a SIP trunk, not as a hosted PBX provider.

Its the extra functionality of using mobile for office number calls which was tempting me away from current provider.

Think taking a long time with BT as they are concerned of our current Broadband at various offices and home locations.

Its the extra functionality of using mobile for office number calls which was tempting me away from current provider.

Think taking a long time with BT as they are concerned of our current Broadband at various offices and home locations.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/business/unified-communications

One-Net sounds like the solution.. you may be looking for, however I'm not a salesperson, so it would need someone with complete knowledge of the requirements to be able to scope something bespoke for you.

I’m bouncing around the country putting in hosted PBX solutions via channel partners.
Hosted is a good point and shoot solution. Loads of service providers offer this running over an assured service such as FTTC segmented for voice and data or two separated DSLs if no FTTC available. All based on Broadsoft platform....easy peezy

Have a look at Gamma Telecomms Horizon platform for business - using Polycomm VVX401 handsets SIP + Cisco ATA devices

I wonder who supplies them with that ;)

AVOID BT, absolute disaster, moving away, they just couldnt deliver!

Will look at some of the companies above

We've had BT bugger up some SIP line migrations for us this past week too! They moved the lines that they said would be done this week last week and vice versa.

AVOID BT, absolute disaster, moving away, they just couldnt deliver!

Will look at some of the companies above

No disrespect Ian but from looking into this I don’t think there was a clear understanding of your requirements maybe we didn’t listen but at least one of these requirement on the platform you looked at wouldn’t have delivered it.

To say that we can’t deliver when we carry more minutes than all the other providers added up and we run 999 and most of the largest voice solutions in the world...

We've had BT bugger up some SIP line migrations for us this past week too! They moved the lines that they said would be done this week last week and vice versa.

Ian,
Can you give more some details on this and I’ll look into it please. Order number or phone number ranges.

Neil.

Unfortunately Neil, it's a far too common theme BT failing to install things correctly. I myself have fallen foul of installation dates being mixed up, engineers not turning up - being charged £85 as the engineer had lied about the work done.

Lucky for me i had the charge reversed as the customer services agent remembered the case.

Unfortunately Neil, it's a far too common theme BT failing to install things correctly. I myself have fallen foul of installation dates being mixed up, engineers not turning up - being charged £85 as the engineer had lied about the work done.

Lucky for me i had the charge reversed as the customer services agent remembered the case.

If you have situations like that I’d appreciate knowing about them so I can look into it and fix what’s going wrong.

WIll do going forward.

Thing is the engineer explained the line was grounding out due to a shot gun pellet, random i know but given the rural location i'll go with that. On the system he'd listed the fault as customers equipment, even though i'd watched him test the dead line with his equipment. In future i will be recording them with my phone to avoid any other "fabrications"..

Neil - You dont have the functionality that we had previously - sorry we need to move. Sales team issue, project manager was fantastic but couldnt help us.

Ian,
Can you give more some details on this and I’ll look into it please. Order number or phone number ranges.

Neil.

Too late to do anything now as the other lines migrate from ISDN30 to SIP tomorrow morning.
Thanks for the offer to look but it shouldn't fall to someone we know working there (and no matter what position in the company they have) to look at issues for us, a company the size of BT should be able to stand on its own 2 feet. Fair play defending who you work for but I don't know many who haven't had some sort of issue with BT. And the less said about Openreach engineers the better :rofl:

This is going to get messy, BT trying to hold us to 5 year contract if we go elsewhere.

Ofcom help businesses?

Too late to do anything now as the other lines migrate from ISDN30 to SIP tomorrow morning.
Thanks for the offer to look but it shouldn't fall to someone we know working there (and no matter what position in the company they have) to look at issues for us, a company the size of BT should be able to stand on its own 2 feet. Fair play defending who you work for but I don't know many who haven't had some sort of issue with BT. And the less said about Openreach engineers the better :rofl:

Please pass me the details anyway. It would like to have my team understand what went wrong - that way we can fix it for others.

This is going to get messy, BT trying to hold us to 5 year contract if we go elsewhere.

Ofcom help businesses?

If BT (or any other company) are unable to provide what was requested clearly then it’s a clear breach of contract.
They key with this or any other contract is that the requirements are clear.

Back
Top Bottom