What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Virtual Pinball for sale (price reduced £600)

chris wilson

Registered
Having seen a few people interested in VP's recently and having one i built a few years ago, but no longer use I may as well pass it on for sale. Seems a shame to leave it without being used.

Built around 5/6 years ago.

Cabinet mdf built from some pinball plans on line with pinball brackets/legs. Backbox is bolted on, no hinges. Vinyl wrapped.

3 screens.
1 LG 42" led (main table screen)
1 x tv (can remember the make approx 26") for the translite
1 x small monitor for the DMD.

PC INTEL i5 2.66ghz
8gb ram
windows 7 64bit

Computer slides out from back on runners through rear door.
Various fans on pinball body
Creative speaker system.

2 graphics cards

1 x NVIDEA 9800GT running the main tv screen
1 x NVIDEA GTX550Ti running the other two.

Software at present id Pinball FX, was originally running Hyperpin software. Has over 100 tables on..+

Light up buttons on front and flipper buttons.
Also i think was wired for nudge/tilt, but never got round to setting it up.

Pics and Videos here https://photos.app.goo.gl/3iVVzzFVczyF5rBZ9

Not used for a few years as I have a few pinball tables now, but found it great to play games you don't get to play much especially if you don't have much room or funds for multiple real pinball tables.
Needs settings doing again for a few tables and especially the DMD screen which is off centre. I used to know how to move it in the software but can't remember now. It doesn't take long to get to grips with the settings on the tables and they are free to download.

Ideal for someone who doesn't want to build one, but has everything to tinker with and set up. Obviously not a top end build, but it does have three screens and a medium spec computer to run the tables.

Welcome to come and try. Based in Haslingden BB4 Postcode.

Any questions please pm. Cheers

Price reduced £600

Last edited:
With all the interest in VP on the forum right now this is entering bargain territory

I think my money would be on this one to go first.

Rip out the PC and put in another one and you will be ready to play.

Probably need £400 throwing at it and a bit of time.

Agree, slightly tempted myself for something upstairs, can't wake a baby with no solenoids ;)

I'm definitely interested in getting the money together to buy a 'ready to play' virtual pinball machine. Should I be looking at something like this or trying to commission somebody to make me one to an agreed spec from scratch? My ultimate goal is NOT to have to tinker with it as far as that is feasible and be able to just enjoy playing it straight from the off. I'm a little concerned about having to buy something and then go out and buy another computer and other parts to update it myself. I may be deluding myself, perhaps there is no 'ready to play' option within my limited budget.

Would really like a VP at some point. How well will this run Visual Pinball 8/9/X and future pinball without upgrading? Don't know whether to go for a used one or getting one built, don't have the knowledge and skills to do it myself. Also been looking at pixel arcades who do a full size one and a mini one but the mini only has a GTX 710 1gb which I'm guessing isn't that good? Are there any websites that sell prebuilt ones apart from pixel arcades, liberty games and HLD? Thanks

They need looking after in different ways than real ones, but they need looking after never the less.
You don't HAVE to do a huge amount, but new tables come along often and old tables get updated, new ROMs get released and if you don't keep it up to date you're missing out on so much.
That goes alongside the fact is essentially a PC in a box with 3 screens attached, so it needs backing up every so often.

This one looks like an excellent base, but the PC would want removing and replacing with something much newer as @Pickholder says, and I'd have said his £400 estimate would be pretty much dead on - you might be able to save a few £ here and there if you grab some of the bits used on ebay, but its a pretty accurate ball park IMO.
If it was a modern i5 you might be able to get away with just a new video card, but looking at the rest of the spec I'd suspect it was a gen 1 i5 era machine.

But the total cost would be £1K assuming you get the machine for £600, I don't think you'll find a cheaper way in!

I'd probably swap the 'DMD' screen for the LCD one @Pickholder has recommended before (what was it BTW - I've been meaning to ask, was about £90 on eBay if I recall?) but that would be a nice thing to do rather than a requirement

It was built approx 6 years ago and ran all the tables pretty well at that stage. But as everyone has said new tables are released and upgraded which need a faster PC to run and keep the ball/table from stuttering.When i built this and set up the tables etc...I found it pretty easy to download the tables, backglass, wheel logos etc and once you have loaded a few tables it becomes very easy. I think it's a good starter VP which has everything set up to upgrade when you want.

Cheers

What have you got installed? Visual Pinball (which version?)/ Future Pinball/ Pinball FX? What tables have you played on it the most? Can you give me the dimensions as well please? Sorry for all the questions! :)

It is running VP9.1 , it had future pinball on it somewhere but did not think much of the tables., Also Pinball FX, which is shown in the a video in the link on the initial post. You can download and install any VP tables. It is the size of a full size Pinball..not got the actual measurements. The images and video in the post show the best details.

Back
Top Bottom