What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Virtual games rooms

cooldan

i like pizza
hey pinheads :rolleyez:

a few months ago, some of you may remember i was banging on about the free 3D virtual modelling software Google Sketchup, and how it could be used to make pin cave plans. i hassled loads of you for dimensions of popular pin tables, and ended up making a stack of them - so basically i now have every game since 1990 (and quite a few from earlier) modelled and free for use in the Google library.

so this week i got an assignment from TV's Will Barber. he remembered the mockup i made before the Slam

[video=youtube;SNbQcbVr2e4]

and asked me to see what i could do with his list of games, and the online hut plans from this lot: https://dunsterhouse.co.uk/?stopmobi

the first one was rubbish - a small boxy cabin with not enough room in it:
[video=youtube;9K9hyXqmHQ4]

the second was slightly better - bigger hut this time, but some wasted space cos of the room shape:
[video=youtube;8k0CMjNInHk]

and then he wanted a bloody sofa in there as well:
[video=youtube;3PXzm7h-K3c]

and i just finished the (hopefully) final one, in a bigger hut this time and taking on board some suggestions for how to improve the earlier versions:
[video=youtube;ck7nJasu7cw]

comments welcomed.

All this talk of man caves......I want one!

And Will's looks huge:tongue:

if anyone on here wants a virtual cave doing then if they let me know dimensions and what's going in it, i might be able to make you one.
make it even easier for me by selecting your own music and then trimming it to the desired length to match the animation.

even better, get onto google and look up the software to have a play for yourself. if i can do it, anyone can.

(serious requests only, not just a fantasy supermarket-sized area with 100 fantasy games in and a jacuzzi full of supermodels)

Hi Dan,

I'm up for this - thanks. I'll PM you over the details but I've now got the go ahead for the shed to house the extra machines - so hopefullly should get building in a couple of months....

Dan, the plans are passed, clearing the site has started ill drop you a mail with some dimensions. Would be great to see a virtual man cave.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Excellent, they look great ! Been looking at Dunster House quite a bit myself and hoping for a Severn 500 Grande XL sometime in the future hopefully. An 11m long rectangle, 5m width so fairly simple layout with pins either side and approx. 2m gap down the middle.

Interested to see what other guys go for in build options, timber thickness, insulated walls (?) etc.

All this talk of man caves......I want one!

And Will's looks huge:tongue:

Unfortunately the bank said no , I tried pleading .... However until jess gets back of maternity it's on hold.... But there may be a temporary games room in the making, if I can lure Griz over with the promise of a steady flow of beer and bourbon :)

nice one dan for the plans they were wicked apart from the lack of respect shown to IJ ;)

Back
Top Bottom