What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viewing New Posts

Lippy427

Registered
So, I log on to the forum and click 'New Posts' to see what's been happening since the last time was here.
click on a few topics and have read, click back in my browser, view another thread. I decide to reply to one of the threads and after posting the reply, I click on 'New Posts' again - but this time there aren't any, even though I've only looked at the first few threads of what were two pages of new threads only just five minutes ago!

Is this s 'feature' of this forum?
I don't see this behavior on any other forum I use - in fact most (if not all) of the other forums I use, will show something along the lines of - all threads when I select 'New Posts' - with either the 'new' posts being in bold or with the 'old' threads under a second heading of 'these aren't new, but you didn't look at them last time' (or words to that effect).

I know I can use the advanced search facility and search for everything since last week - but when I look at those threads with new activity, I no longer have the option to 'go to first unread post' ?

Anyone else have this problem or is it just me - is there some setting that I should have set somewhere ??

Cheers
Geoff

Hi Paul,

looks like you've fixed / altered this (thanks).

So what is the criteria for new posts no longer being new posts (if you get my drift)?

cheers
Geoff

Lol - i havent - seems to have a mind of it's own i.e. as soon as you flick off of that page, they have all gone - i have to do an "open in new tab" else i loose everything :(

Oh!

That's odd - was on the site for a good 15 mins or so. viewed several threads and replied to 2 of them.
hitting the 'new posts' button, showed all the threads that it showed 15 mins earlier (with my two replies at the top) and the other threads I had viewed were 'grayed' out - think the only thing I have started to do differently is to use the 'go back one page' button in my browser (FF) when I remember - don't know if that makes a difference ?

Back
Top Bottom