What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

video: The History of Pinball (58 mins, free to watch)

Watched the whole thing, pretty good although some bits I wasn't sure about - although the knowledge was certainly there (is the most exciting thing about Pinball really getting the special? I've never felt that excited about it personally). Must have been filmed in 97/98? WMS/Bally was still about at the point of filming but there was an AFM in the video so must have been shortly before Pin2000 and after AFM was released. Felt kinda sad when they were asking all those people at the end where they saw Pinball going and all these fantastic ideas (mind controlled flippers? lol) only for the company to shut likely a few years later.

Good find! :thumbs:

most interesting new snippet for me what the explanation at about 6 mins of why Chicago was the coin op industry centre - they reckon 90% of Chicagoans were from overseas so it was a pool of factory skill sets. not sure if that was cause or effect but still interesting.

Back
Top Bottom