What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video mode

Bram Stokers Dracula, end of contest :)

It's one of the few that is challenging (as levels increase) and fun

Fish Tales all the way...

BSD is second best though.

AFM I used to think was too hard, until I realise you could use Martian bombs, after that I managed to defeat the mothership! Takes third place.

Black Rose. Three for the price of one.
Swimming to get away from the shark is best, especially on level 3.

Video modes get boring very quickly when you own a game for a while. Most are really naff and you are forced to complete them against your will in order to progress the game.

As much as I love HS2, completing the same boring videomode 3-4 times per game, every game is really annoying.

I can understand why people like FishTales, it's basically the old Sea Wolf arcade game

The worst has to be Theatre of Magic surely? Playing a really naff video pinball video mode, on a pinball machine :tut:

Indiana Jones are fairly good, but that is probably helped by there being 3 different ones, so you get some variety (same goes for Black Rose - at least there is some variety)

Agree that HS2 video mode is annoying, it's such a fast game that the video mode just kills it, especially as it's pretty easy to complete, just stay slightly off the middle and you can usually get to the end. Indy 500 also has a similar video mode that kills the flow.

MM video mode is disappointing....takes so much work to get there, but saving the children from birds is pretty lame.

Surprised that Tron doesn't have a video mode, considering the theme, yet Stern thought it would be a good idea to put one in Ghostbusters based on Venkman's ESP test :confused:

Video modes are cool the first time you see it and then become a PITA. I didn't mind the Junkyard Toast one. GOT's looks dreadful

The video mode on my T2 is OK though it does ruin the flow a little if you are 'into' a game. I assume it was the first game with a video mode due to being technically the second DMD game released? It can be quite rewarding pointswise, especially if you take down the HK's and if you're lucky enough to bag an extra ball.

Don't like them. I think the least obtrusive and kind of fits in with the game the best is Choose Wisely from IJ.

If you can ****d to press the buttons before hand a cheeky game of breakout on Sttng is fun! Also the secret poker makes for a nice change too.

Love the video modes but they do quickly get old. They should of had about 3 alternate video modes on each pin to keep it interesting. Hate the video modes on black rose for some reason. They just annoy me and they used about 10 dots on the dmd.

Best: BSD for its challenge, Fish Tales for the simplicity but fun factor. AFM is challenging and good fun. MM is also good and really rare to get to during a game (I mean how often do you manage to launch EVERYTHING out the catapult?).

Worst: Tommy, go to the bottom of the screen in your plane and walk away while the game does all the work. Dr Who gets old really fast, and they repeated this in Cirqus Voltaire (Both games with basically the same video mode - why?). JM - just because of how painfully frustrating it is, its basically Snake without the fun buildup bit and really naff controls, I could never make it past level 2.

Everything out of the catapult is Barnyard Multiball Sam.

You have to complete the FIRE rollovers eight times I think to enable the video mode.

Everything out of the catapult is Barnyard Multiball Sam.

You have to complete the FIRE rollovers eight times I think to enable the video mode.

Cut me some slack, I haven't played a MM for a good while ;)

Barnyard multiball is pretty good well, strangest rendition of Old Mcdonald I've ever heard.

I like Shadow's video mode. Not too long, keeps you on your toes, changes up, smart bomb/gun trigger. A good challenge.

Popeye is an interesting o
ne.... Finding Swee Pea mode on the upper playfield is interactive video mode, you control Popeye thru the maze displayed on the DMD by making shots.

And it is bloody hard as nails :-D

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom