What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Venom Rumour as Stern's next pinball machine, thoughts?

I certainly don’t think stern are pumping out more than ever due to parts shortages
Distributor s are struggling to get any stock even on the USA I am sure if stern could fulfill all there orders they would
And this is fomo at its best we still haven’t seen the next title let alone the may one
I can’t recall who made the comment pretty sure it was off one of the various podcasts I listen to when driving. I’ll try and hunt it out definitely wasn’t Kaneda so there’s a possibility of some truth to it.

I don't really give two hoots about the theme but - NST is ok but not anything amazing and whilst I love Mando the shoot it up the middle is disappointing. So I'll want to play it before I commit. but assuming that Stern even know the game they are launching in the middle of next year feels challenging. It was a last minute choice between Mando and GZ.

Sterns margins are very healthy but your right the demand is at an all time high, think someone said it recently that stern are now producing more games per week than they where pre covid and they are still backlogged like 5000-10000 games.
Heard that too on Triple Drain podcast

Heard that too on Triple Drain podcast
That’s the one! Knew it was a podcast I don’t often listen to but couldn’t for the life of me find the episode.

I was surprised when I heard it which is why it stuck in the ole brain lol.

I don't really give two hoots about the theme but - NST is ok but not anything amazing and whilst I love Mando the shoot it up the middle is disappointing. So I'll want to play it before I commit. but assuming that Stern even know the game they are launching in the middle of next year feels challenging. It was a last minute choice between Mando and GZ.
I spoke with Dwight recently and if he goes ahead with a few things we discussed and batted back and forth it should make that middle shot a lot more strategic.

I wouldn’t mind seeing something added to Mando in the foundry trying to buy each piece of equipment once in a single game is hard but a fun challenge with friends, having a big spender high score table for most Beskar spent in a game and a hidden foundry mode (excluding the existing dank farik mode that’s random) would be fun little additions.

I spoke with Dwight recently and if he goes ahead with a few things we discussed and batted back and forth it should make that middle shot a lot more strategic.

I wouldn’t mind seeing something added to Mando in the foundry trying to buy each piece of equipment once in a single game is hard but a fun challenge with friends, having a big spender high score table for most Beskar spent in a game and a hidden foundry mode (excluding the existing dank farik mode that’s random) would be fun little additions.

yup ;) but even with that its still not ideal.

yup ;) but even with that its still not ideal.
Depends what you don’t like about it, I enjoy the shot and the fast return loop out the left orbit, hitting it 3 times back to back to maximise razorcrest hurry up points is pretty satisfying.

It is abit of give me shot so I understand it gets some stick for that, but it makes the game great for my kids who can start a multiball and hurry up with the killer light show makes them smile and keep coming back for more.

One things for sure with Mando! It’s an instant hit with everyone who has played it at mine and now I’m kinda getting my head around it there’s so much to love with the code.
The 3 stage super skill shot is killer and that alone gets you hyped each time you launch a new ball. More coders should maybe use this as opposed to 5 different skill shots available.
The timed jackpot after a mode is also something I love and so so satisfying.
The similar timed scope shot is a great distraction that throws a curveball.
and finally the controversial one!
The best use of a mini PF ever (prem/pro only) 3 stages showing great assets and once you master catching the ball and hitting the targets feels so satisfying.
Mando is definitely growing on me and can only get better with code updates.

but its not all roses for me I find it a little cluttered from halfway up the PF you kinda hit a wall of shots in a row but it fits on with my lineup as nothing else I have is quite like it.

The best use of a mini PF ever

To be fair I haven’t played Mando, but I can’t imagine a better mini playfield than the black pearl on JJP POTC. The cannon shot across the playfield is incredible.

ready for your orgasm specky bastard ^w^wHarry Potter fans?

Don’t play with my heart @Neil McRae. I’m a casual fan but I think the theme has great potential and my wife would totally be on board for once.

they aren't going to make any more wide body games.

That’s my understanding too. Apparently the line at the new factory is only set up for standard body games.

Last edited:
could be the POTC final code drop...

I’m not so sure - I’m part of the beta program and we’re only on the second iteration of the new update. They’ve said we’ll get to test the code with the final wizard mode implemented before public release but who knows, the may have changed their mind.

Hope it’s potter and not a rerun of pirates … according to Phil at ph stern have potter licence which would be a shame if they have as jjp would rock a potter pin

Its not more POTC for sure, it could be POTC code but that looks along way off- plus why **** people off even more by winding them up about the fact they haven't finished the code on the game for over two years.

JJP haven't announced anything for over a year so they need to do something. Its the perfect theme for fanboy morons to pay JJP 10K+ for their ****e quality... I can't stand Harry Potter and JJP games are turds so easy choice for me!

Its not more POTC for sure, it could be POTC code but that looks along way off- plus why **** people off even more by winding them up about the fact they haven't finished the code on the game for over two years.

JJP haven't announced anything for over a year so they need to do something. Its the perfect theme for fanboy morons to pay JJP 10K+ for their ****e quality... I can't stand Harry Potter and JJP games are turds so easy choice for me!
Are you sure your not on for one 😜

In all seriousness though they do need a new game can’t release one every 2 year it gets boring if this is a pirates rerelease that will be crap from jjp need fresh pins

Is it true Bond is coming Q1 2022?
Franchi on art?
Imagine him doing Roger Moore, would be best result.

Apparently They have dropped another line in alongside the GnR one which could be doing some re-issues of previous pins and crazy as it sounds if they produce even more WOZ they would sell them never mind a re-issue of POTC UE (Underwater Edition)
I think the problem is staffing and getting skilled assembly workers which all manufacturers are struggling with, along side semiconductor shortages that are impacting everyone.
JJP’s GnR orders are none stop and they can’t keep up so that line will be running the next few year I bet.
Stern will have the same issues and GZ orders are probs backed up tilll next Xmas so reissues of DP and Elvira are also gonna be a tall order.

Not that I am on the Toy Story train but it would be nice as Neil says and just release something new at least one per year.

JJP need to stop hiring designers or put them on the line for now and get production up.

I suspect next year is going to be much the same with parts issues stern have the power to pump them out but clearly can’t with lack of stock at any distributors
Jjp really need to up there game they loose so many orders with not being able to produce them and been plagues with issues when they do it’s been well over a year now and people are still waiting for gnr

If they’re putting a lot of effort in the code update for POTC. I’d suggest a rerun of POTC is on order. Once new folk come into the hobby with GnR back catalogue is what you look to next..

Last edited:
Harry potter? Lol....... pants
Best part of the film series was laughing at the later stuff where they were still trying to milk the cash cow.
Twotters balls had clearly dropped and was talking with a really gruff voice. But he was still prancing around like an 11 year old on a broom........ lol

Harry potter? Lol....... pants
Best part of the film series was laughing at the later stuff where they were still trying to milk the cash cow.
Twotters balls had clearly dropped and was talking with a really gruff voice. But he was still prancing around like an 11 year old on a broom........ lol
I’m with you zero interest in potter but think yourself lucky, if Stern drop a potter pin you can bet your ass it will make the Beatles model look cheap! No way Stern don’t try to milk HP fans knowing they have been asking all these years they will pay whatever it takes to have one.

Apparently They have dropped another line in alongside the GnR one which could be doing some re-issues of previous pins and crazy as it sounds if they produce even more WOZ they would sell them never mind a re-issue of POTC UE (Underwater Edition)
I think the problem is staffing and getting skilled assembly workers which all manufacturers are struggling with, along side semiconductor shortages that are impacting everyone.
JJP’s GnR orders are none stop and they can’t keep up so that line will be running the next few year I bet.
Stern will have the same issues and GZ orders are probs backed up tilll next Xmas so reissues of DP and Elvira are also gonna be a tall order.

Not that I am on the Toy Story train but it would be nice as Neil says and just release something new at least one per year.

JJP need to stop hiring designers or put them on the line for now and get production up.

thats the problem when you pay people not to work - they tend to not ever want to go back to work and expect free money and this is the issue the US has right now, we got close to this with the madness that was untested furlough. I’m 99% sure though that they are no longer doing wide bodies so if they are doing remakes of other games that means wonka and DI.

Back
Top Bottom