What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vector door switch

domlouis

Registered
Hi
The vector I recently acquired has an interesting feature where you can only start a game with the coin door open.
I have checked the door for a switch that would get activated as the door closes but I can't find any!
Any idea what it could be or where to look?
I also have another question about the lack of background music but I am trying to sort out the door first.
Thanks
Dom

Something in the wiring loom is changing the wiring to the start button? Loose contention ?

Set self test position 18 to “03” for full sound.

Andy

That start button problem is weird, my impression was that something is fouling as the coin door pushes shut as it feels quite tight to lock.

Also, the MPU very likely needs a new battery to store the settings else it defaults back each time its switched.

Replaced the battery on the mpu as previously suggested but that has made no difference.

I've defo heard this working. If you're setting self test position #18 to 03 (using switch inside coin door) and it's saving correctly (still 03 after power cycle) then the squawk & talk sound board (bottom right in BB) has separate volume controls try giving these a twiddle.

Sorry, we're off topic, the door problem....

I think you might be right aston. There might be something being pushed by the coin door as it shuts. It is a bit tight. I'll investigate further. Thanks Andy for the advice.

You could try to start a game with coin door locked shut and playfield raised slightly (make sure 3 balls loaded in trough or wont start anyway!). If the game doesn't start you can get a better look at what's going on around the door inside and the tilt switch etc.

If the above doesn't work you can keep the coin door locked but get to the self test button from below the pf and check the Credit (=Start) button registers correctly whilst the door is closed, that's self test #5, Switch 06. These Ballys only show the first encountered closed switch, so you may need to open any lower than 06 to see the Credit button closing, but looking at the switch list in the manual (Pg 17) 01 -05 should be open so 06 should report when pressed.

I've noticed in the switch list that unique to Vector there is a switch 08 under the pf in the front perhaps the coin mechs are fouling that?

Good luck:thumbs:

I had this problem on my Flash gordon for a while,it turned out to be the door loom had a wire exposed which was grounding when closed,so it could be the loom definately

^^^
Good call re. checking the door wiring loom, looking at pics of the machine the tape is coming off in a few places it may chaff on closing as well as the dreaded electrical tape.

upload_2018-5-16_15-16-52.png

I look at it but couldn't find any obvious chaffing so decided to....... give up. Andy n is coming on thursday to look at this and other faults on my other games. I needed to understand where my limitations were as i messed some games before. I can fix small obvious problems but that's it.

Update. Andy N has been and fixed it. The door was pushing and grounding on the switch that detects the balls in the trough.
Thank you Andy.

Back
Top Bottom