What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valuation on upright games cabinet

Nickbs

Site Supporter
Hi all
I've not been into arcade games in recent years, but a contact (who knew I was into pinball) has just offered me a non-working upright cabinet and aksed if I was interested in taking.

It's in a company games room and the diagnosis is "doesn't turn on"

Any advice on:

- what would be a fair price to offer/pay for it 'non-working'?
- how much might I be into in terms of cost to get it working "could be just a fuse!! :))?
- once fixed what might be a sensible 2nd hand value?

The people who have it are keen to get rid of it (not looking to get it repaired) but would prefer not to skip it!

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Attachments

• games cabinet.jpg
    games cabinet.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 44
Looks identical to the one we have in our office.
It more or less does what it says on the tin.
Assuming it is the same...

Theres more or less a PC inside with a big box plugged into the top to "power" the games.
Theres a Jamma harness to connect the controllers and display.

Reasonable selection of games but...
You cant add any new games, nor can you reconfigure the controls. (So even though there are 2 sticks you cant play important games like Robotron - which should be illegal I think)

So as everyone else says - its probably worth it if you want the cabinet. Monitor and controls will be reusable - but its not a CRT.
Not sure how reusable the PC hardware is. I've been going to make a cable to convert the jamma plug to those USB interfaces for PC and put a PC so I can "sort it all out"

I bought one fully working for 250, had a game elf multi game with 750 games on, they are decent cabs well made but like said it's LCD, I would say if cheap grab it

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions folks.
very helpful.
will see where things go from here.
cheers
Nick

Interested in an "empty" Upright Vid cab for my lad if anyone has one going...

Interested in an "empty" Upright Vid cab for my lad if anyone has one going...
I'll let you know if anything comes out if this -waiting further feedback from my original contact to see if they want to do anything at the moment 👍

Back
Top Bottom