What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Use it or lose it

Poibug

Registered
Was humming and hahing on whether to post this and figured I may as well.
These are my opinions and not anyone I am affiliated with.
Now I know family stuff has to be done for all of us,and are aware we all have bills but....

We are,IMO lucky to have a few reasonably size shows, ie 50 plus machines.
These take lots of time and hassle to help set up, and due to the generous loans of pins from various people, do come about and are,I think good shows.
But they need people to turn up.
I help do the to tickets sfor NLP and was looking at my basic, non electronic lined a4 paper backup copy of our sales.This lists the person who has bought the tickets,and the ticket numbers.
This sheet isn't even full on one side.That adds up to about the cost of an alphanumeric pinball machine.And our show is only less than a month away.
The other big show Daventry, cost Phil well over £2k of his own money!He has all ready said he can't afford that to happen again.
So if you are able to support these events please do,preferably buying tickets before.
Eg NLP ones are available www.ukpinball.com/twilightzone

Same for the smaller ones like Play Glasgow, NERG,Swavesey.
And if in the areas, you are able to pop into tilt in Brum,Flip out in London, chief coffee etc etc. Cheers all

There's loads more than just pinball at the NLP show too. Hundreds of classic arcade cabs, retro consoles and computers. You can even play Knightmare if anyone else is old enough (young enough?) to remember that awesome TV show. Hugo Myatt the Dungeonmaster himself will be there too!

And thanks to our involvement there, everyone in the pinball community gets a discount on tickets if they buy from NLP directly : www.ukpinball.com/twilightzone (discount code MUNSTERS)

It's on a bank holiday weekend, 4th and 5th May. So what else are you going to do? DECORATE? :rofl:

Bought my ticket (for 4th May) just over 2 weeks ago. Will only be the second Pinball show I've been to, first was Blackpool last year but I got my ticket on the door there.

Maybe we can all help in our own way by sharing the facebook posts or twitter etc.(even if you can't make it yourself)

Chris, put up a fresh ad on the UK pinball group and we can all share it and spread the word!

Knightmare! I loved watching that when I was a kid in the early 90s. Just recently went through watching them all again on YouTube. Would be good to meet Hugo and get a picture with him.
Must look into tickets for this.

Scottish Pinball Association is trying to get around 40 pins to Play Glasgow this June. So far we've only received donations from our usual supporters Phil and NLP, also we've only managed to sell a very low number of tickets.

As @Poibug has already said these shows take an incredibly amount of work and time to arrange. So any support that can be given is greatly appreciated by the organisers and most of the public that turn up to the shows.

Discounted tickets for Play Glasgow can be purchased from our website

www.scottishpinball.org.uk

And any pin donations can be made to myself, @ailsaclunie or through our thread on the events page.

Many thanks from all the committee at Scottish Pinball Association.

Scottish Pinball Association is trying to get around 40 pins to Play Glasgow this June. So far we've only received donations from our usual supporters Phil and NLP, also we've only managed to sell a very low number of tickets.

As @Poibug has already said these shows take an incredibly amount of work and time to arrange. So any support that can be given is greatly appreciated by the organisers and most of the public that turn up to the shows.

Discounted tickets for Play Glasgow can be purchased from our website

www.scottishpinball.org.uk

And any pin donations can be made to myself, @ailsaclunie or through our thread on the events page.

Many thanks from all the committee at Scottish Pinball Association.
Not 100% confirmed yet but Bigian is trying to Russel up a few of us to help u out :)

Are there tournaments at all these events ?

I know the arguments... entry on the day, segregating machines, show attendees unable to play tournament games, game donors/ repairers wanting a relaxing time ....

But adding tournaments where anyone can enter on the day might increase attendance figures, due to the dreaded ranking points

Play Glasgow doesn't have a tournament but we will be running a NBA tournament and high score competitions.

Tournaments at open events doesn't always work due to reducing the number of pins available for the public to play on.

I wanted to attend NLP but was looking at from memory 170 a night at premier inn, parking in central Manchester,
Fuel from Kent, ( yes I could stay at a hotel outside etc, but then a large amount of the fun is gone, no drinking, time constraints)
Great show, and super peeps running it, so sad, but I will be at Daventry, and Swavesey and a regular at flip out.
Next year I will try to get in to the local hotel quicker as some of my favourite pinball memories are at the nlp shows

I prob would of gone this year if it had been October again. Wrong time of year for me what with just moving house and trying to save funds to fly my son over this year.

I wanted to attend NLP but was looking at from memory 170 a night at premier inn, parking in central Manchester,
Fuel from Kent, ( yes I could stay at a hotel outside etc, but then a large amount of the fun is gone, no drinking, time constraints)
Great show, and super peeps running it, so sad, but I will be at Daventry, and Swavesey and a regular at flip out.
Next year I will try to get in to the local hotel quicker as some of my favourite pinball memories are at the nlp shows
How about a cheap flight to Glasgow, bus or taxi to Braehead Arena complete with shops restaurants and hotels all on your doorstep? Not that I'm pushing for ticket sales!😉

I'll be making Play expo on the Sunday this year. I'm just coming for the pins as the actual show doesn't really appeal to me nowadays.

I'll be making Play expo on the Sunday this year. I'm just coming for the pins as the actual show doesn't really appeal to me nowadays.
Make sure you get your ticket from our website, you need to go into the Play Glasgow page to order them and save yourself a couple of quid and help us out greatly by doing so.

It'll be good to put a face to the name.

Make sure you get your ticket from our website, you need to go into the Play Glasgow page to order them and save yourself a couple of quid and help us out greatly by doing so.

It'll be good to put a face to the name.
I will do. 👍

Back
Top Bottom