What's new

Unobtainable Parts

Andypc

Registered
I'm interested to here stories about how people solved the problems of unobtainable parts for their machines. I have a couple of parts that I have really struggled to find. One being the Coffee Cup for Diner and the other being the mirrored plastic at the back of the Lethal Weapon 3 Cabinet. For the Coffee Cup I at least had a part number, but could find no part number for the Lethal Weapon 3 part. Fortunately I found a local company that was able to make the part and also did me a spare for £30 all in :) The even better news is they could do the Coffee Cup for Diner if a I can find a enough people (8-10) to make it viable to make up the mould.
20180926_125311.jpg. . . . 20180926_125349.jpg

Hi @Andypc Coffee cup for Diner ! Put me down for one please :thumbs:
Bean waiting now for 5 years now or it might be longer for a new playfield ,maybe ready next year or the next :)
When I had a JD the top right plastic was missing ,so I made one ,I was a bit amateurish but ,it was tucked away and not in your face so it was passable ;)

I had always been very nervous about buying rare games. But over time, I have learnt to be more relaxed.

With my low volume banzai the ramp, subway, backglass, playfield, plastics are all being made available.

With earthshaker few parts were available when I bought it three years ago. But now ramps, plastics, playfield are all available.

I bought a shagged fathom with wrecked playfield and backglass a few years back. I then got a playfield from a boutique run of 40 by cpr about 2 years ago. And a good quality backglass is now available too.

With my transporter, about 850 made, someone had got the original injection molds so made them in three colours. A guy in the USA is also due to make the regular ramps.

Bottom line is that if you get a desirable game, it is desirable as other folk want to save it too. There is a good chance that bits will be made available.

If you are nervous about bits. Buy an Addams or funhouse as literally everything is available for these right now.

I had always been very nervous about buying rare games. But over time, I have learnt to be more relaxed.

With my low volume banzai the ramp, subway, backglass, playfield, plastics are all being made available.

With earthshaker few parts were available when I bought it three years ago. But now ramps, plastics, playfield are all available.

I bought a shagged fathom with wrecked playfield and backglass a few years back. I then got a playfield from a boutique run of 40 by cpr about 2 years ago. And a good quality backglass is now available too.

With my transporter, about 850 made, someone had got the original injection molds so made them in three colours. A guy in the USA is also due to make the regular ramps.

Bottom line is that if you get a desirable game, it is desirable as other folk want to save it too. There is a good chance that bits will be made available.

If you are nervous about bits. Buy an Addams or funhouse as literally everything is available for these right now.

Yup in car terms, at first you need the classic car to be able to restore it.
He'll I once had a playfield,power supply,transformer and lock bar from a Genesis and nowt else.And that ended up a working game

Back
Top Bottom