What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unit3D Pinball Tables

dave

Site Supporter
Alias
Horse
Hope this is ok here but wanted to show off a table I started last night. Had a bit of a spat over resources with this one, but I have enough to work with now.

Playfield needs a lot of work still and the toy house slot machine could take a little bit to sort out yet plus the power meter could be a mission but I know the strength of flippers can be controlled somehow. Need to find out exactly how that works first.KingPin-7.png

This one is nearly good enough now for my physics ocd.

Has anyone here had or have a Grand Lizard?

When you're in a multi-ball (or I suppose it may work with a single ball), I've seen from a PAPA video that you can hold the left flipper up whilst cradling a ball, when you're doing this you can still flip the top flippers with the bottom one not moving. Any clue how that's done? Bugged me for ages.

1080p

Any clue how that's done? Bugged me for ages.

It's called staged flipping and it works because of the type of flipper switch used. The flipper switch is a stack with the lower flipper switch being the closest to the button and the upper flipper being a little bit further away. With a full press of the flipper button you activate both leaf switches therefore flipping both flippers. If you press the flipper button just enough to activate the lower flipper then the upper flipper stays down....you then press a bit harder to flip the upper flipper separately. The trick is finding the point in the flipper button press where you keep the lower flipper up but can flip the upper one.....especially hard in the middle of a game :)

Wow cheers mate. That's very helpful, no one has explained this before.

I was watching his hands, and could see it just about , but that's cleared it up

Dicking about with this most of the morning. Will have to port it over to visual pinball once all art & models are done :\

Back
Top Bottom