What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold ULTRAPIN VISUAL PINBALL HEAVILY UPGRADED

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
IMG_5464.jpg IMG_5465.jpg IMG_5466.jpg IMG_5467.jpg IMG_5468.jpg IMG_5469.jpg IMG_5470.jpg IMG_5471.jpg IMG_5472.jpg IMG_5473.jpg IMG_5474.jpg IMG_5475.jpg IMG_5476.jpg IMG_5477.jpg IMG_5478.jpg IMG_5479.jpg IMG_5480.jpg

I know I am going to get comments about it being ‘not a real pinball’ but it also gives you the chance on trying out a lot of games before you buy them. Of course it is emulation and only in 2D. The machine has nudge sensors so it reacts the same way to a real game. Also gives you chance to play games you may not ever own like Big Bang Bar.

This is my heavily upgraded ‘Global VR’ Ultrapin. The only parts that are original are a couple of buttons, the coin door, legs, backbox and backbox screen.

I got this from John B on here, and have spent a fortune on upgraded parts - plus put in MANY MANY HOURS. You can do this yourself if you could be bothered :)

The specs are:
Quad core 3.6ghz Intel processor
12GB DDR3 RAM
Two ATX power supplies
Upgraded sub speaker
2.1 channel amplifier
Pinscape analog plunger kit that also runs ‘tilt’ and nudging
Real pinball machine buttons
32 inch HDMI HD screen (1080p)
19 inch DVI screen for backglasses/dmd
Fans have been upgraded to quieter units
Nvidia 4GB GTX960 graphic card
240GB Solid state hard drive

The games included in the table are mainly DMD style games. I have put in photos of it running older games. They run at over 200fps which means they do not have video stutter. The original Ultrapins were much lower resolution and nowhere near the detail. Plus it ran on VP8. we are on VP10 now.

Here are some photos of the game:
http://s717.photobucket.com/user/jukedock/library/ULTRAPIN ULTRA

An awful video:

Another video:

It runs WINDOWS 10 (fully licensed) along with the visual pinball software.

Games are freely downloadable from various websites for no charge. I will include all links and I will also give you full instructions on how to install these.

Basically MOST games up to 2013 are currently emulated on the Stern platform, as well as most of the Bally, Williams, Data East and Gottlieb tables from all era.

Pinballs installed include: Metallica LE, Star Trek (Stern) L.E, Star Trek the Next Generation, Cactus Canyon, Cactus Canyon continued (P ROC version), Dr Who, Cirqus Voltaire, Monster bash, Family Guy, Attack From Mars, The Addams Family, Tommy, Twilight Zone, Avatar, Spider Man (Stern), Bat Man (data east), Whoa Nellie, Mustang, Kiss (Bally), Avengers, X-Men, AC/DC premium, AC/DC pro, Transformers, Tron, Scared Stiff, Elvira, Elvis, Theatre of Magic, Indiana Jones (Stern), Indiana Jones (Williams), White Water, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Monster Bash, Dracula, Funhouse, Red and Teds Roadshow, Fish Tales, Pinbot, Lord of the Rings, Ripleys, Guns n Roses, Getaway, The Simpsons, Corvette, Congo, Judge Dredd, Junk Yard, Terminator 2, Terminator 3, Big Bang Bar….. plus MORE.

At the moment newer sterns (after Wrestlemania), Pinball 2000 tables, Heighway Pinball and Jersey Jack tables are not emulated – but may be in the future.

You will probably need a couple of hours with me to instruct you on how to load tables – but to use it as it is – it is very easy to use. The system boots straight into a GUI that is used to select tables.

The DMD/displays are emulated but due to clever software now the tables have full coloured displays (similar to the idea of a colordmd). They really look the part.
Sound upgrades are also loaded on some games with the Pinsound.dlll file.

The buttons on the machine do the following functions:
START BUTTON
LAUNCH BALL
EXIT TABLE
FIRE BUTTON
COIN INSERT
BUY IN BUTTON
TWO FLIPPER BUTTONS
TWO OTHER SELECT BUTTONS (Magna save etc)

On the front door you will see coin inlets. THESE ARE NOT ACTIVE.

NO COIN MECHANISM IS INCLUDED. IT WILL TAKE UPDATES TO THE ELECTRONICS TO MAKE THIS GAME COIN OPERATED BUT I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS.

I WOULD SAY IT IS FOR HOME USE ONLY.

This will be on ebay for £2000 however I would trade a ‘real’ pinball for it. Even if it require some work. I have made several of these games so I am at the end of the phone or email if you need help.

I would also install your favourite games if you send me a list (subject to availability).

COLLECTION FROM BOURNVILLE BIRMINGHAM

Last edited:
Looks like a nice machine, but I'd replace the screen in the backbox to make it fill the whole area and then either have a 3rd screen for the DMD or put a real one in.

Looks like a nice machine, but I'd replace the screen in the backbox to make it fill the whole area and then either have a 3rd screen for the DMD or put a real one in.
Who ever buys it can do what they want.
I actually have gone away from real DMDs and now prefer using an LCD as you can upscale the dots now which in my mind look better, as it looks like the colordmd devices.
I wanted to keep the original look and not mess with the back glass area.
Personally I am not bothered about having a massive back glass. The display on it (doing the DMD) is the same size as a traditional plasma. If you spend time looking at the backglass whilst playing you will loose balls. The bezel around that area looks really nice. I did not see the point in throwing in £200 for a pin2dmd and probably another £200 on top for a new backglass display. It looks great as it is.

Who ever buys it can do what they want.
I actually have gone away from real DMDs and now prefer using an LCD as you can upscale the dots now which in my mind look better, as it looks like the colordmd devices.
I wanted to keep the original look and not mess with the back glass area.
Personally I am not bothered about having a massive back glass. The display on it (doing the DMD) is the same size as a traditional plasma. If you spend time looking at the backglass whilst playing you will loose balls. The bezel around that area looks really nice. I did not see the point in throwing in £200 for a pin2dmd and probably another £200 on top for a new backglass display. It looks great as it is.

Wasn't meant as a criticism! It does look good :)

I just like to stand back and look at the games as a work of art now and then so I like the backglass monitor to fit the backbox, but I take your point (I can loose balls without additional help anyway!)
I'm gathering bits for my 3rd scratch build, and PIN2DMD was on my radar this time round, so that's a fair point about upscaling - I've been using a 7" LCD so far, but figured a Pin2DMD would be a better bet, perhaps not......

Good luck with the sale :)

@ChrisH source a screen the same size as off the colordmds. Pin2dmd is a pain to build yourself - trust me! Buying one is £200. The other bad thing is after a year of use the LEDs start to fail in the matrix.... then you have to find replacement panels, then you have to replace both as they will be different LEDs.... it is a lot of hassle.

If I was building from scratch I would use a normal size monitor - like the new Stern pinballs like Aerosmith, Batman66 and Guardians of the galaxy. That way when Stern Spike II gets emulated you will be ready. Plus now you can either enlarge the size of the normal DMD OR put a 'topper' video above the DMD window.

Back to the Ultrapin - it looks good because its a factory made machine. Some good builds exist in the community but the majority of them are junk. Seen some right howlers on ebay in the last couple of years.

Any of my tables of interest ?

Been collecting bits to build a virtual table but this might be an easier way

Have a few pins that need work which could be available (solenoid locking on etc)

Any of my tables of interest ?

Been collecting bits to build a virtual table but this might be an easier way

Have a few pins that need work which could be available (solenoid locking on etc)

Ian - I have no problem with doing work on games. What do you have? Feel free to PM me. Looking at your 'currently own' list I am only tempted with ones that are worth more than my table (ie. White water, STTNG)

Do you have others not listed?

Looking to shift this one. Had a few offers for trades but nothing I really want - and the ones I do want make it not a viable trade due to pinflation.

Would trade for a RFM ideally, or old fashioned CASH !

Many thanks to Phil for delivering this today in less than ideal weather conditions, and also setting it up with a tutorial on how it all works :thumbs:

It feels good to be able to play Flintstones again, as well as all the other games I've always wanted to try. Loving Family Guy :clap:

Back
Top Bottom