What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate Arcade Cabinets - any experiences?

Joyride

Registered
Thinking about picking up an arcade cab and saw the all singing all dancing custom cabs at www.ultimatearcadecabinets.co.uk.

Just wondering if anyone has bought one, or played on one?

If I’m going to do this then I’m going to need a spinner (Major Havoc and Tempest), a trackball (Missile Command), and a steering wheel (Super Sprint) as well as enough joysticks and buttons to play Robotron and Defender. :)

I've got a bespoke arcade one and its superb (although I've got cocktail). they can do what you need and they are very well built.

I've got a bespoke arcade one and its superb (although I've got cocktail). they can do what you need and they are very well built.

Do you mean from Ultimate Arcade Cabinets or from Chilli’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you may like this :

Plugs in to any modern tv and monitor, and is supposedly the most up to date with getting games to play correctly,
I have one and it’s not bad.

No where near as good as a proper cab though but just as good as any of the lcd cabs in above posts, we use it at work at lunch times

Just get yourself an old jamma cab and do it yourself.

I went for one of the cabs on sale at JB Gaming in the end. Great features including a rotating screen so that you can play in portrait or landscape mode without black bars at the side of the screen.

The killer feature for me though is interchangeable control panels that give you the full authentic experience of playing with controls in the layout of the original game.

For me this was huge. I can now get the trackball for Missile Command:

www.jbgaming.co.uk_s_cc_images_cache_8766543.jpg

And the dual stick layout for Robotron, which also doubles up as a controller for any other stick/button game - I'm also going to get a spinner installed on this so that I can play Tempest and Major Havoc:

www.jbgaming.co.uk_s_cc_images_cache_8766548.jpg

And the joystick and button layout for Defender:

www.jbgaming.co.uk_s_cc_images_cache_8766549.jpg

Changing the control panels is a 30 second job. Plug and play USB. Nice!

Rob

Last edited:
Nice that's the first time I've seen either a changeable panel or the rotating screen
Looks really good

I love the look of the interchangeable panels, but you are buying a machine that looks good but does not play any games correctly, and so expensive, people buy these because they look good but they are unfortunately light years away from the real arcade machine.

Don’t get me wrong if they float your boat great, but a very poor substitute to a Jamma cab 150 - 250, and a 2human comp from Jamma+, or the real boards, or a pandora etc,

I personally love candy cabs, and you can get these for 700 - 1100, and you have the real deal, with a proper screen and able to play any game any way you want, and you can buy panels cheap and put , rotary sticks or track balls etc on.

Just read Jamma+, and ukvac forums a bit, they have a wealth of great info

Back
Top Bottom