What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK seller - speaker lights / undercab light kits

gringo

Registered
I know there are lots of skilled people on the forum, so thought I'd ask if anyone out there would be interested in making up a batch of speaker lights / undercab lighting kits that forum members could purchase?

I can only find them avaialble from abroad and am trying to stop blowing so much $$ on mods, shipping and custom fees. I know that to someone other than me they would probably be relatively straight forward to knock together.

For what its worth, if someone was willing to do this I'd be interested in 3 sets of each for mix of SAM and Spike systems. Maybe if there was enough demand from other forum members this would be worthwhile for someone to think about :)

Thanks both, I knew dreads sold undercab lights on ebay and have messaged him earlier asking about speaker lights and what he can knock together.

I should have mentioned, ideally I was looking for interactive kits rather than just the one colour or RGB sets though, the kind that link in with the game so for example you shoot the snake in met and the speaker and undercab all flash green...

I had the rock custom undercab interactive kits on my SM and TSPP but they got damaged moving machines to UKPP so never again. Now I keep it simple, a single length of led strip across the front underside of the cab, should be safe there when moving machines.

I had the rock custom undercab interactive kits on my SM and TSPP but they got damaged moving machines to UKPP so never again. Now I keep it simple, a single length of led strip across the front underside of the cab, should be safe there when moving machines.

Hi, any chance you could post a photo and details of what strip you use and how you wire it in? Many thanks. John

Hi, any chance you could post a photo and details of what strip you use and how you wire it in? Many thanks. John
No problem John... I actually use 5050 RGB strip because I have loads of it but only wire the blue up. Obviously you could buy single colour or use RGB with a controller, whatever takes your fancy. Its all pretty cheap on ebay. I drill a hole just large enough to pass the wires through which comes out conveniently close to the accessory connector ( on sterns) and connect there using a molex connector ( molex parts bought from maplin ). I solder wires directly to the strip but if you didn't fancy that you can get connectors that clip on to the strip on ebay.

20170319_133554.jpg 20170319_133430.jpg

Last edited:
No problem John... I actually use 5050 RGB strip because I have loads of it but only wire the blue up. Obviously you could buy single colour or use RGB with a controller, whatever takes your fancy. Its all pretty cheap on ebay. I drill a hole just large enough to pass the wires through which comes out conveniently close to the accessory connector ( on sterns) and connect there using a molex connector ( molex parts bought from maplin ). I solder wires directly to the strip but if you didn't fancy that you can get connectors that clip on to the strip on ebay.

View attachment 42974 View attachment 42975
Thanks, That's really helpful. That underlit effect should look great in my basement! John

Back
Top Bottom