What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TZ rules and me being crazy?

Spadge

Registered
So, been tinkering with my TZ and everything seems ok but when I get the hit lock for multiball, it doesn’t happen and I get the multi lock score bonus.

Is this a ROM issue?

Lock seems to work ok on everything I’ve seen.

So, been tinkering with my TZ and everything seems ok but when I get the hit lock for multiball, it doesn’t happen and I get the multi lock score bonus.

Is this a ROM issue?

Lock seems to work ok on everything I’ve seen.
I'm not exactly clear on yr issue.... So multiball doesn't start? Do balls lock?

Sounds like a ball/switch isn't registering somewhere

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

It was posted quite late & sounds a little like a drunk Fast Lock

Are you triggering the 3rd & final ball lock for regular multi-ball via the left GUM ramp or the right Lock lane?

yeah was late and i'd had a pint or three.

The screen says "shoot fastlock to start multiball" and from what I can tell, you just get the fast lock bonus.

I'll play it some more but it still doesn't ring true. I checked the audits and it was 0% awarded.

However I've checked the switches and it seems fine. I get a start error on 88 lower lock, but the switch works ok, so it's a bit of a mystery.

I spent my entire weekend with TZ rather than the 20mins or so I thought it would take, some short blowing F116 repeatedly.

the 1st shot to the Lock lane, within the initial 15 second Fast Lock countdown period, should award a Fastlock 3ball Multiball.Then each shot to the Lock lane will award the value you 'locked at'.

from http://www.ipdb.org/rulesheets/2684/TZBOWEN.HTM

Fast Lock
quote: "It's time to tune in to - the Twilight Zone." animation: shows a radio dial changing from right to left.

The Fast Lock score begins at 2OM, and drops to 5.3M over about 15 sec. Every 3 seconds, the radio stops at a "station", the score stops falling (making it the frequency of the station!), and we hear a quote from one of Pat Lawlor's earlier games, in reverse chronological order. Shooting "Lock" after a quote gives the current Fast Lock score, a second quote from the game, begins a musical piece from it, and starts a 3-ball quick multiball, during which (like Thing multiball) any shot to "Lock" awards that value again. The quotes and music:

• from TAF, Cousin It mumbles, "Babadabadababa..." or whatever. Hitting "Lock" yields the sound when hitting It, and begins the TAF "get the Jackpot" music.
  • from FunHouse, Rudy says, "Hey, it's only pinball!" Hitting yields the Rudy Gulp sound ("Gulp... ptooey!"), and begins the "get the Jackpot" music.
  • from Whirlwind, "Return to your homes." Hitting: "Do not panic." Music: get the Jackpot.
  • from Earthshaker, "It's sunny drive time!" Hitting: "Ooh ooh, gimme shelter!" Music is from regular gameplay, though...
  • from Banzai Run, "Welcome race fans!" Hitting: "Go for the Hill!" (sadly not "Banzaii!!") and the standard game music, courtesy Brian Schmidt (now of Data East).
Shooting Fast Lock before Cousin It mumbles doesn't award anything different, unfortunately. Be nice to have another hidden thingy there. One thing of note is that the Earthshaker and Banzai Run quotes were clearly redone for TZ; they're close but not quite the real thing. Also, notice the sound between "stations" - ooh static. Like other multiballs, having the Powerball in play lites the Powerball Loops for 1OM bonus (these are described later). Fast Lock really isn't worth that many points; during it, you might prefer to shoot things like Hitchhiker, which you normally might be afraid to shoot in regular play.

also; a quick phone call to Google found this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-fast-lock-holding-onto-3-balls

Cheers, I'll have another look at it. Currently leaving it on soak test to ensure F116 doesn't trip again. Fun weekend sorting that...

I get a start error on 88 lower lock, but the switch works ok, so it's a bit of a mystery.

How did you test it ? Sometimes switches can work fine when pressed with a finger but fail to activate with a ball rolling on them . Always test with a ball.

If the Fast Lock multiball isn't working you def have a switch issue somewhere.

Yeah was my finger. I'll check with a ball later, but am sure that lock works OK in other modes.

Seem to have an issue with the top left spiral magnet, works ok all of the time unless in spiral mode, where it locks on and doesn't turn off until the machine runs through all the coils.

Something weird going on, turns off ok when other modes use the magnet.

Bugger, left TZ on attract mode all day and it finally fused again after 4hrs. Have to see what is likely causing a 12v short. F116 - easy to tell, display gone out.

Back
Top Bottom