Spadge

Registered
Wanted:
Twilight Zone Eddy sensor driver board.

New or working fine.

Mine is behaving as follows;

LED staying lit when sensor is unplugged
LED goes off when sensor is connected
Moving the potentiometer doesn’t have an effect (to turn on or off).

If anyone else has had this problem, this please comment (it seems a common problem).

6F6127E8-15E3-4ACA-991F-B95CE1FDA3C4.jpeg

For

Yeah one of only a few still doing it, but none in stock right now. Sometime this month.

I have no idea why Pinbits stopped responding to messages, they did a great range of useful and well designed stuff...

Picked up some auto-eddy boards for RS before they ran out, and very little seems to be available now.

Maybe there's too much competition now, and more people buying fancier Stern-era mods.

Have you tried twisting the cable? Obvious one, but the cable is notorious for causing problems.

I've got the same one on mine, I'm pretty sure the LED comes on when it sees a metal ball. Not sure what it does with the cable disconnected.

Yeah, the driver board is dead (or likely the tda chip). Tried all the usual stuff and been given a good look over by @pinsinthewild (Barry). Someone has kindly offered to try and sort by repair.

Btw the driver board led is lit without the sensor and when connecting the sensor, you’re supposed to be use the potentiometer to dial it in so that it’s almost on (if that makes sense) so adjust it so the led is on, but is very sensitive to change.

If the led is off it will treat all balls as power balls, red led means it senses a normal pinball.

I have oiginal board from Road Show fully working,if you want it send me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom