What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TZ gumball mod

joe90

Registered
So my first pin arrived yesterday....a TZ, and whilst I'm doing a quick novus 1 of the playfield (it's a bit dirty tbh) I have a q....
I picked up the gumball mod from pinball heaven but I'm having some problems installing it.
The instructions state to "pull" the front half of the globe forward? I can only move it slightly and I don't want to force it. The separators inside the gumball will not move much either and plastic feels quite rigid?
Is there a way to install these little balls without forcing your gumball to near "breaking point"?
Thanks fellas...

Can't help you with the gumball mate but as some advice. Once you've played it for a bit, it's worth stripping the pf and cleaning it properly. It's a false economy otherwise. You might clean the main pf but as soon as the ball gets in those orbits and subways it'll just drag all the **** back on to the pf again. Plus you learn a lot about the machine and how it works when you dismantle it! Although TZ is a daunting one with all those toys.
Good luck with it all mate.
Gaz

Can't help you with the gumball mate but as some advice. Once you've played it for a bit, it's worth stripping the pf and cleaning it properly. It's a false economy otherwise. You might clean the main pf but as soon as the ball gets in those orbits and subways it'll just drag all the **** back on to the pf again. Plus you learn a lot about the machine and how it works when you dismantle it! Although TZ is a daunting one with all those toys.
Good luck with it all mate.
Gaz

Thanks Gaz, yeah I see! Good call! As soon as Ive had a little bash I'll start getting into the more complicated stuff, well complicated for me lol!

Well just incase any of you fellas have to go through what I did to get this mod to work.

First off, unscrew the cap...then try to move the clear top of front part of the gumball machine forward...."it will only move a tiny bit though"!!

With one hand use your fingers to push a slight gap between the font and the back of the gumball tops whilst getting the first of the gumballs in place, right bang n the middle of the front and back of the gumball machine tops between the outer lid edge and that side's plastic divder or where you can feel the plastic divider giving a bit...again it won't feel like much though.

As you feel the divider giving a bit you should be able to pop the ball through the gap. It will feel like your gonna snap the divider but it will give just enough. Make sure you start with the smallest balls first...they are all slightly different in size and shape.

Be patient and prepare yourself for some sore thumbs and occasional drops into the middle of the gumball machine instead lol!

Back
Top Bottom