What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TZ flipper plastic + rivet?

Durzel

Registered
Hi

At some point in my TZ machines past the flasher under the right middle flipper blew (or something) and cooked the plastic above it. I didn't even realise there was a bulb there until I looked into replacing the flashers with LEDs and found it in the manual.

I've taken the plastic apart and found the bulb, long since departed..

DA6DE7FA-AE09-452B-A02D-398E949F98BC.jpeg

.. but it didn't go quietly..

C7E8067B-664E-479F-AD97-601D86D87D78.jpeg

The problem I've got - besides sourcing that plastic (anyone have it?) is that the bulb holder is riveted into it. No idea if that's standard - but I've got no idea how to remove it and attach it to the new one.

Anyone care to give me some pointers please?

Thanks in advance.

Thinking about it, I guess it would be easier to just buy a whole new lamp socket and get that riveted to the new plastic, and chop off the wires and resolder them?

The wires are very thin though and not sure how much extra wire there is to play with.

Help! :(

Thanks, you're a star. I guess I just snip off the wires then? Or heat the solder and remove them? What's best - I'm a total noob when it comes to this stuff.

And yes - it's possible that flasher got locked on. I could try fitting another flasher bulb to it and see if that's still a problem?

Awesome.

Have just checked it with another flasher bulb and it works fine, so at least that's ok.

Is the plastic you've got the same as the original one? The one I have (I assume from factory) looks purpleish in the middle bit.

It’s not original it a official Bally Williams one but it does look a different colour no purple in this one
Well blue and white looks better than blue-purple-white-burnt-melted.

Please PM me your address and I'll get it posted to you. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom