What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TZ balls not ejecting

Kenny Taylor

Registered
Folks had a small problem with my TZ not ejecting balls into the trough. They would sit there in the hole and the solenoid would try to clear it but fail. Now this machine is in my garage and I cannot take the glass off completely without moving some junk around and a car..don't ask..I will have time to do this tonight so may give it a go. Now I managed to get my hand in and remove the two balls, and then used the plunger in the hope of getting all the balls back. However when I turn it on it cannot locate any of the balls. i've tried ejecting balls from the solenoid menu. No joy.

Found this fix on the web
if you have the home roms. go to test and the last one in test will

empty balls. If you don't have test. do a gumball machine test and

unload them all. then use a magnet or kickout test to remove them from

the tray.

Any ideas?

The machine was working fine with all balls in place before a ball got stuck in the trough whole next to the plunger .. Granted I ejected balls from the gumball machine too. I had expected them all to go down to the bottom of cab and ready for play. When you press the start button it goes thru the checks of trying to locate balls but doesn't find any..lol

Maybe the balls have become magnetised and stuck somewhere then. You'll need to lift the playfield and look I think.

Re missing balls: it sounds like a wire off the outhole plunger (so it's not feeding balls to the trough) or a fuse connected to that coil...

Re not ejecting (ball release): the game will only try a couple of times then stop. Any play in or the release mechanism snagging on something will cause it to try a couple of times then stop. By manually releasing the balls you may have cleared this error and it may continue to work correctly (once the balls are fed in to the trough). You could push the balls in to the trough by hand while the drain plunger is not working.

Also it is worth remembering that the coin door open may disable power to the coils...

Back
Top Bottom