What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TZ auto plunger opto problem

M4carp

Site Supporter
Alias
Lostcause
It did this when I first got the machine and did it now and again along with some other things which I had put down to bad connections under the clock below the playfield, clock and gumball issues.
Anyway this issue came back at the weekend and is not going away, it will auto plunge with vibration from flippers etc
If I disconnect the connector just underneath it will not do it. Only vibration causes it no pulling cables or moving opto’s. Opto’s seem ok when blocked.
Is it just a pair of opto boards needed? Seems strange unless there is a cracked solder joint maybe?

View attachment 41FAAC8D-2718-4245-838A-B43BBE34D818.MOV

Last edited:
Connections into J5 of the 10 opto board seemed to be the problem, moving wires about was causing a few switches to register.
Re punched them and all is good. Also fixed right side gi which was another loose connection on main board.
PinSound seems to be shaking wires loose😂

Back
Top Bottom