What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twitching right flipper - TWD

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

So I installed my colour DMD on TWD and the LED version grabs power from a 12V connection on the right hand side, quick google seems that the twitch is common on stern machines that take power, I've got tower mod installed and shaker - anyone had it and come up with a fix?

Thanks
Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
mine has a lcd colour dmd, no problems on this version, ? I also have a tower mod and shaker added

So I installed the TWD rom and it seems to be fine now - I've also god gnassel mod in also. Will keep an eye on it.

Unplug all mods and play just to prove. What exactly do you mean by twitch? On your Iron Man, Darren, I always had an issue with the right flipper getting knocked down from a raised position by the war machine kicker, I never did get to the bottom of it.

So whilst the ball is in the shooter lane or bouncing around, the right flipper will twitch up no more than an inch.

Remove the Mods and Does it still happen???

EDIT - Just Saw Kevlar's post above.....

Unplug all mods and play just to prove. What exactly do you mean by twitch? On your Iron Man, Darren, I always had an issue with the right flipper getting knocked down from a raised position by the war machine kicker, I never did get to the bottom of it.
The flipper positions are perfect and haven't moved. It's exactly as described really, a twitch. Don't have to even have your fingers on the button. It's not all the time. Maybe once every other game and it hasn't affected game play at all. I will unplug and see if it still persists

How are the switch gaps on the cabinet switches. Is it possible that vibration is causing the flipper switches to slightly register? Just a thought

Or am I living in the past with the technology on modern stern switches?

That is caused by the EOS switch being adjusted too finely. You need to tweak the switch so it operates a little earlier.
What is happening is that a fast moving ball hits the flipper, disengaging the EOS switch and so the game momentarily re-applies full power to the flipper.

That is caused by the EOS switch being adjusted too finely. You need to tweak the switch so it operates a little earlier.
What is happening is that a fast moving ball hits the flipper, disengaging the EOS switch and so the game momentarily re-applies full power to the flipper.
I tried all that Andy, I even replaced the eos. Gave up in the end as it wasn't a frequent problem.

It's probably no coincidence that it's the right flipper twitching - immediately next to the shooter lane. Ball bounces around the lane and vibrations cause the EOS to momentarily connect on nearby flipper ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's probably no coincidence that it's the right flipper twitching - immediately next to the shooter lane. Ball bounces around the lane and vibrations cause the EOS to momentarily connect on nearby flipper ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, if I just press start and don't plunge the ball, it will twitch. I installed the TWD rom on my colordmd and it hasn't done it since although i've not really played it a lot. Apparently a proper 12V splitter will cure the issue so I've ordered one just incase it comes back.

Neil.

Did you buy this from Pinball Heaven? If so, could you ask for some help their under warranty? Not sure how installing mods affects it though.

I thought the colorDMD came with an effective 12v splitter as part of the cabling - i've got 6 of the LCD versions and never had the slightest issue with them.

I put LED into my TWD. No twitching flippers at all.

Saying that I didn't like it and have taken it out and actually prefer just red for this game.

Are you using a genuine stern shaker repro ones of these cause lots of problems inc fully nuked node boards in spike games

Stern one from Phil Chris.

Sure that's a stern one Neil?? My GB had a shaker fitter from new I believe from Phil and is a coin taker one...

the shaker I'm sure is a stern one, had stern docs etc and looks kosher.

I did unplug it but also unplugged the colordmd and when unplugging either of them it goes away. I have the splitter that someone claims sorts it and will try it then.

Back
Top Bottom