What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Twilight Zone ~TZ

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul G
IMG_0127.JPG
IMG_0126.JPG

Positives or points worthy of note:
Original playfield in superb condition - I've seen a lot of TZ's and this is one of the best original playfields I've cast my eyes on....
...Which is why I spent hours putting a full Playfield protector on it - relatively easily removed if you so choose. If you don't like Playfield Protectors then please keep that opinion to yourself, I couldn't give a monkey's! ~£100
LED OCD board ~£150
GI OCD board ~£150
Fully Comet LEDs £75ish - some of these took me a while to select and reposition e.g mini playfield.
ColorDMD LCD >£450.
NVRAM on CPU board, no batteries to change.
Proper Pachinko balls in Gumball, look so much better than the cheaper coloured balls you often see. Just like the translite.
Gumball LED mod from Pinbits. No longer available.
Mini Playfield lamp mod.
Diverter magnet mod.
New Ingo Clock board. No longer available, it seems. ~£150
Clock fully rebuilt and lightly lubed with silicon grease. Much quieter.
Flippers all rebuilt.
New Mantis tougher right ramp. ~£100
New reinforced Mantis slot machine scoop ~£100
Everything has been cleaned up over the last few years.
Full stainless steel ramp flaps - I hate the rusty blue steel ones! ~£50
Cliffy's
New black legs all round and 2x 2 black bolts on the front (steel on the back).
There are probably other things I've forgotten.
Oh yes, back panel swirl decal. And the blue clock housing....And white clock face.

Negatives:
it's 30yrs old! Do not expect brand new. It has no issues that I'm aware of, but - as I say - it's still 30years old! I doubt any recent Stern will be looking or working this well in 30years time.
There's a small knock on the bottom right rear corner of the backbox - I've attached a quick picture, saves me pulling it out from the line-up (it's f'in heavy!). You cannot see it when next to the wall or another game and the previous owner who had it nearly 20yrs has painted it black anyway.
Strangely it only has 1 backbox speaker wired up, it's never bothered me, but I have a brand new full New Forest pinball speaker kit (2 backbox plus Sub) that I'll throw in. That'll make a big difference.
The left side has some minor art fade, but really not that bad. The right side and front are really good for its age.

Prices:
Quick search for recent TZ sales; i'd say this machine is somewhere in the middle of these 2:
https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/twilight-zone-£6800.56010/
https://www.pinballinfo.com/communi...-twilight-zone-fully-restored-refurbed.56001/

£7,500 ono
I will bloody well miss this, but I need a Line-up freshening as I'm not playing things much.
Games wanted are HUO well cared for examples of TNA and GZ Prem, or try me with something else perhaps (except Stranger Things), so happy to discuss a trade if you fancy it.

Located YO19 6PL - I know Martin, and Martin knows me. We're like 'that'; Martin and I. Yeah, we go back.
Payment by BACS only before this goes anywhere.
If you want any other pictures or have any Q's then just let me know.

Thanks,
Paul.

Attachments

• IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0119.JPG
    IMG_0119.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0120.JPG
    IMG_0120.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0121.JPG
    IMG_0121.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0125.JPG
    IMG_0125.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0124.JPG
    IMG_0124.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0122.JPG
    IMG_0122.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0112.JPG
    IMG_0112.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    207.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0107.JPG
    IMG_0107.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0108.JPG
    IMG_0108.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0109.JPG
    IMG_0109.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 144
Brilliant, thorough no nonsense description 👍👍, this deserves to sell, looks very nice 😊

Beautiful.

One of the greatest pinball machines of all time ….
GrizZ FaCtStAmP ™️

Mine prob the last to leave . Like you I prob should shake up the collection as barely played them this year tbh . But when I have played, TZ still the one that takes me back to my pinball happy place . You’ll miss it . GLWS.

Beautiful.

One of the greatest pinball machines of all time ….
GrizZ FaCtStAmP ™️

Mine prob the last to leave . Like you I prob should shake up the collection as barely played them this year tbh . But when I have played, TZ still the one that takes me back to my pinball happy place . You’ll miss it . GLWS.
There used to be TAF’s everywhere, but less TZ’s. I remember playing it for a change on one of my regular weekend arcade safari tours (because we had plenty of good arcades all within a mile back then), and basically not ‘getting it’ as the volume was off, playfield filthy and the 1st ball was a Powerball. That little white bastard flew around like a Tasmanian devil and I drained almost immediately. I vowed to return one day and figure this thing out, it just took 20yrs to get around to it…

There used to be TAF’s everywhere, but less TZ’s. I remember playing it for a change on one of my regular weekend arcade safari tours (because we had plenty of good arcades all within a mile back then), and basically not ‘getting it’ as the volume was off, playfield filthy and the 1st ball was a Powerball. That little white bastard flew around like a Tasmanian devil and I drained almost immediately. I vowed to return one day and figure this thing out, it just took 20yrs to get around to it…
Southport had 3 TAFs in the 90s, never saw a TZ.

@Monkeyboypaul

I had the exactly the same experience with TAF v TZ around 1992-93. TAF was an instant hit in the arcades for me. TZ, I tried it and just thought MEH. Went back to TAF.

My first purchase was my TAF in 1999. My second was TZ in about 2014. It took owning my TZ and fettling it to play properly before I "got it".

I was lucky enough to have minty TZ and TAF side by side some 15 years ago. Had to let one go when I divorced 10 years and decided to keep the TZ.
IMO the game play on TZ was superior than TAF which although fun got a bit repetitive…… TZ’s a great all time classic game, GLWS :)

Attachments

• IMG_0127.jpeg
    IMG_0127.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 30
Hi Paul (again)
Is your the TZ still available? Can't get it out of my head 😫
Paul

Yes, and only about 10miles south of you. PM me and we can sort a visit if you want.

I was lucky enough to have minty TZ and TAF side by side some 15 years ago. Had to let one go when I divorced 10 years and decided to keep the TZ.
IMO the game play on TZ was superior than TAF which although fun got a bit repetitive…… TZ’s a great all time classic game, GLWS :)

I've had three TZ's now! But only one TAF.

TAF lasted a while, and it's timelessly nostalgic, but TZ is the complete package.

Yes, and only about 10miles south of you. PM me and we can sort a visit if you want.

I've had three TZ's now! But only one TAF.

TAF lasted a while, and it's timelessly nostalgic, but TZ is the complete package.
Agreed; TZ has to be one of the best games ever 👍🏻
Want one some day, but as I've never owned anything older than a SAM game I wonder if I should wait for the remake.

Back
Top Bottom