What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TWD Right ramp anti air ball plastic

Vimtoman

Site Supporter
Ive had some air balls on the right ramp on the TWD. To the point of the balls hitting the glass and ricocheting around the playfield.
This has been after clean shots around the right orbit with a clean hit up the right ramp.

Sent a pretty crap drawing of what I wanted to @Colywobbles who kindly cleaned up and sent several versions. Ultra fast service :)
It may need tweaking as the ball may still bounce a bit up that ramp.

It just need one upside down plastic post removed which will be one mounting point.
There is a need to add a 1" threaded hex piller.
Plus two 8/32 screws with star washers.

Reuse of the right ramps selftapping screw for the other mount.
Pictures below.

antiairtwd1.JPG
antiairtwd2.JPG
antiairtwd3.JPG

Had the ball returning when shooting the crossbow up the ramp.
So the plastic needs to be raised slighlty.
Slight change in mounting.
Piller changed to 1/2" in size.
halfinch piller.JPG
On the self tapping screw side a 6mm spacer to be added.
6mmspacer.JPG

@Colywobbles just made another anti air ball plastic for me, this time for the left hump.
Bit of a beast but does the job.
I've bent it slightly with a hot air gun to follow the ramps hump.
Needs a couple of washers to build up the gap where the screw is.
left air ball.JPG
left air ball 2.JPG

did you ever get the stern upgrade for the left hand ramp? all this was were a couple of sticky pads and if i remember a small plastic deflector to keep the ball down, the sticky pads had the effect of keeping the ramp off the playfield by a couple of mm, this actually worked for me, due to the balls circumference, gave it a smoother path onto the ramp, never had much problems with the right hand ramp though

Yep I have that mod on the Bicycle girl ramp.
The right ramp air ball only happens at high speed .
The far left air ball is on the ramps odd hump when a fast right ramp ball stays on.

I can't say I've ever had an airball off the right ramp. I'm regularly getting a lane hop on RIOT after moving the machine to the other side of the room though. It's very sensitive to angle I think.

I guess it's timing .
Ive hit the right orbit twice round and then up that right ramp crashing into the glass on numerous occasions.

Yep the riot hop is a reg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom