What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turtles Vs Stranger Things

turtles?! Flow? Steep learning curve?

look I have an appreciation for turtles. but it’s none of the above. its the simplest game stern have done since munsters! The lair shot is **** poorest shot in pinball which then borg’s you when the ball comes out. you can ge yto a stage where literally it’s nothing but chopping wood.

mark the day in your calendar because Iagree with VeeMunroe! the premium and LE version has a lot of clutter that makes it hard to see, you get use to it after a while but it’s not great.

the spinning ball was a pinball moment almost 10 years ago when it was on X-Men!

Neil

Never played ST although seen an Le in person and it looked the mutts!
I love my TMNT and it ain’t going nowhere and it’s just as good in pro flavour too.
One day I maybe get to play ST and although I watched 2 seasons it got a little long in the tooth for me so theme wise it’s TMNT for me but each to their own.
An easy solution is to play both and decide or buy both back to back as I’ve came to conclusion there’s no keepers anymore and nothing gets bolted down albeit all my collection is atm 😂

@Neil McRae how could you tell it was a prototype what were the differences?
George Gomez told me at EAG in 2020. Stern had the premium proto flown Into the UK for the show and you could play it in their private meeting room. John from electrocoin told me it was the same game as at EAG on Sunday. There is a difference in the gate design on the right of the demogorgan and they changed some of the optos on the demogorgan also.

lets be honest though roadshow is not the highest of bars!

🙄😂
Road Show has a lot of fans! I know you're not one of them😉

I have turtles pro, and I think coming from a Bally Williams it's harder to understand and the ramps are tighter than other sterns I've played, the posts either side make missed shots often a sdtm drain and this frustrated me a lot until I got used to the shots.

But I'm not an amazing player so!

LOL wut?! where are these Stranger Things premiums that are basking in sunlight?
I've got a Pro but will only play it at night with the lights lowered. Playing in a bright environment it would lose a lot of the atmosphere and UV effects, plus I always switch my star/cloud projector on when playing to add to the atmosphere.

the spinning ball was a pinball moment almost 10 years ago when it was on X-Men!
Well, I'm going to agree with @Neil McRae here. So, the surprises never end!

The spinning pizza is 'okay', but it's not the most fun thing in pinball ever. It doesn't compare, for example, with the demigorgon in STh, the castle in MM or the ball-eating T-Rex in JP2 Prem.

Most pins are fun in isolation. There are very few pins that are worse than not having a pin at all. However, the question isn't 'should I buy a pin when my only option is TMNT'? It's 'should I buy TMNT when my other options include STh and keeping the JP2 I already have'?

The spinning pizza is 'okay', but it's not the most fun thing in pinball ever. It doesn't compare, for example, with the demigorgon in STh, the castle in MM or the ball-eating T-Rex in JP2 Prem.

Most pins are fun in isolation. There are very few pins that are worse than not having a pin at all. However, the question isn't 'should I buy a pin when my only option is TMNT'? It's 'should I buy TMNT when my other options include STh and keeping the JP2 I already have'?
Well twister anyway.

I'm being picky but i thought we were comparing stranger things and turtles?

Nothing will compare to MM and other B/W's for pinball moments.

But turtles for a pro version is amazing value. It's unfair to compare it to Jp2 prem as you don't get an eating t rex in the pro.

I'm being picky but i thought we were comparing stranger things and turtles?

Nothing will compare to MM and other B/W's for pinball moments.

But turtles for a pro version is amazing value. It's unfair to compare it to Jp2 prem as you don't get an eating t rex in the pro.
Okay. Well, then, I'd say that the Demigorgon on STh is a really great pinball moment - and that's on both the Pro and Prem 😈 I personally prefer the Pro for STh as, as others have mentioned, the Pro looks better at daytime lighting levels.

I personally think STh is a mere shadow of MM/AFM, in the way that the Upside Down is a mere shadow of our own dimension, but the comparison here was STh and Turtles, not Turtles and MM/AFM.

Back
Top Bottom