What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turning off Black Knight 2000 Ransom Mode/ Use in Tournament

DRD

Registered
Does anyone know how to turn this wizard mode off please ? Or whether these System 11s have a "tournament " mode ?

Like on system 11s from this period, there are lights [ R A N S O M ] in the speaker panel that any player, in any game, can build up over time. Whoever gets the final letter M then scores a highly lucrative wizard mode

In a competition it would be rather an unfair advantage to whoever bags it

I have been in the settings and have minimised the likelihood of this mode occurring

1. I have reduced the time you have to make the shot to get the next letter to the minimum 3 seconds

2. I have set it at the maximum number of games (99) before it automatically adds the next letter

Thanks

I asked a few people about it when I owned it, answer I got back was you can't do anything about it. Are you going to retrict play to single player? If you don't you also have the lock stealing to think about.

Thanks Kev.

I will leave that decision to someone else !! Lock stealing is an issue on loads of games, so I am not too fussed about it. It probably comes out in the wash across 8 or 9 titles. But that Ransom mode is a complete game changer for whoever bags it!

D

I suppose you could just keep an eye on it and if it gets within a few letters of completion take the glass off and complete it by hand. Only if it really bothers you obviously :D

I think the best bet is set it on the O, let me play my game and then reset back to R if I don't get it.
League coordinator's decision is final

Seriously though, I think setting it on minimum time is the only strategy, IF it gets within 2 letters we can reset it

Back
Top Bottom