What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turkey Left Overs Fry Up IFPA Certified Tournament 28th and 29th dec 2023 PBR

I know. I wasn't talking about Greenwich. I'm referring to Croydon.
Greenwich has *worse* crime stats. That’s the point. If he can’t walk around Croydon without being stabbed, then I should be going down to Sainsbury’s in a stab vest.

[Sorry, pet hate is talking up how dangerous places are based on statistics. Honestly, I had a wonderful time exploring Naples. Gorgeous city, definitely worth visiting. We travelled onto the Amalfi coast, kept bumping into Americans who were literally too scared to explore Naples. They’d read people talking up how dangerous it was, hadn’t dared stayed more than an hour there, got straight onto a bus :rolleyes: I mean, there are places in the world that are too dangerous for tourists - but that wasn’t one of them. Their loss, not mine, I suppose].

I don't get your point. The original post was about Croydon. I not saying that Croydon is the worst I merely pointing out that there are multiple stabbings in Croydon everyday. That's not 'talking it up ', it's fact.

Aiming for 4 rounds on Thursday I believe (min 3), more than that on Friday... try and come to both Vin if you can
Is the planned start time of 7.30pm still valid?
We are looking forward to the comp. and don't want to miss out!

I think you’ll be buggered trying to get into the west end easily. The overground (orange) line isn’t working this week 🤬

There might be trains on the main line to London Bridge but I wouldn’t bet on it.

I think you’ll be buggered trying to get into the west end easily. The overground (orange) line isn’t working this week 🤬

There might be trains on the main line to London Bridge but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Yeah, seems like a lot of hassle so will probably just hang about for the day.

If anyone ends up going to the club earlier and needs a hand moving anything about or just fancies letting us in out of the harsh, cold, wet, knife infested Croydon streets ( ;) ) then let me know and I'll happily bung some cash into the club's moving fund.

Great day as always thanks to all those involved with Pinball Republic, roll on a new year and new venue

Not competed much in 2023, work and life sometimes get in the way or you want to spend your time differently... So its nice to make the effort to see your friends and play some games together, lovely to see so many people last couple of days.

Super pleased the handful of times I do play I can still qualify and at times make the finals 263a.png

Couldn’t ask for a better final than with friends and also the top 3 players in the UK

Happy with my 4th place

The UK scene skill level has been rocketing over the last year or two cause of having great access to machines and also tournaments, this is why is so important to support places like Pinball Republic, Office, and Medway, SWL and anywhere else that breathes life into a niche hobby of ours

IMG_9156.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom