What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSPP

jonathan

Site Supporter
Picked one up yesterday to tide me over until WOZ lands.

Very happy with it
biggrin-1.png

forum

Yep. I set the slings to hard in the menu and they feel a lot better. New rubbers, couch and cliffy and I reckon its a very tidy machine.

I pretty much make my mind up about a table after the first few games and this is up there with some of the best imo
smile-1.png

I hate the NEW cheap plasticy Sterns
wink-1.png

I had a SM last year and loved that.

Compare TSPP to Tron/TRS/BBH/Avatar though and everyone can see how many cutbacks they have made. Compounded by the fact that the basic Tron with nowt on it now costs more than a NIB TSPP did 2 years ago!

BBH is a cracking game although very different to TSPP, there's nothing wrong with modern Stern games as long as you see them for what they are - entertainment. Too many people rate a game based on cost / value when that should be immaterial when it comes to gameplay, when it comes to whether you would own one or not then that's understandable.

When it comes to cost, what about the development of the SAM boardset vs the boardset developed by SEGA that is in every Stern up until WPT?

Go out and play them. I mean actually play them. Put 250 games on one and then make that statement.

Iron Man rocks, more like a system 11 game, it'll kick your ass. Avatar is superb, hard to master and gorgeous art & sound package. BBH plays real nice even though I don't like the theme. Tron appears good too.

I'm lucky in that I have a friend with NIB IM & Avatar and have probably put 500 games on each. As for plastic, as Jamie B will tell you, they are unbreakable compared to WPC. My POTC just came from site and apart from replacing the spinner decal looks like new. I have never had to rebuild a Stern flipper mech whereas all the WPC games I had needed them and some of those had less plays on the clock and were newer.

As for cost, well, look at the price of used and the price of new. Gap's closing not getting larger. 5 years ago the cost for a machine was £3.5K and I can still get one for £3750. Not a bad deal!

Agreed, never had to rebuild a Stern / Sega flipper mech either, they may be double the price of WPC rebuild kits, but they clearly last more than twice as long

Just personal preference. I played BBH in Vegas, avatar and IM in Sydney and Tron at the show. None of them held my attention. Same goes for certain WMS tables too though. Hated STTNG and TOM didn't do much for me either

Playfield pic. All LEDs. Need a glare guard though, the translite is so bright!

forum

Back
Top Bottom