What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TSPP led tube

Firedragon

Registered
Hello, just bought a TSPP. The light tube in the backbox was missing. I want to concert to a led tube and i think the conversion is already done. Is this so? (See pictures)

Looks all original to me . If there was no tube fitted when you bought it then I would suspect that the ballast maybe faulty ! .New ballast , starter motor and tube should sought it out !! Or you could go down the led strip light root 👍

O and yours pics are of the ballast which may need replacing !!

Think the Ballast is broken
This video shows to cut the wires and place a led tube. In two day I receive the led tube so guess I will find out if it works.

Some LED lamps have different in/outs

You normally put a + and - to one end directly.

However - I think they are 110v stepped down on stern back boxes - so you need to run a 230v feed from the switch box of your game up to the lamp.

Is it a SAM game?

If so I bought one of these from Amazon for my TWD, plug and play and looks great.

For these ones @Pick Holder - all I had to do was unscrew the starter which looks like a capacitor

Here’s my TWD and old WPT I don’t even know what they are but they must be in here because I didn’t change any wiring

C727B970-2BF4-4EE0-84D5-1CEF24824F6C.png4C20A712-DCCF-461D-9C3B-029FDAE1F99F.png

Yeah was thinking to myself hold on a second did I remove anything and yeah just the starter, £5 mod and no more flickering on etc

It is a Whitestar game. If I understand correctly the wiring as shown in the video is not gonna work on my euro machine 🤔 I need to get power from somewhere els or I need a new ballast and use a led “starter”

I can’t get any LED tube to work, how come James’ one works when the voltage is stepped down for the tube socket in Stern backboxes?
I’ve cut the wires from the ballast and right hand socket, joined then black feed wire but still no joy. Is my only option running a 240v feed from the cabinet switch - if so is this easy to do?
(I did all this due to a very noisy ballast, it’s backfired a bit though [emoji30])

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Update....
One black, one white wire for the neon tube both lead down to the cabinet.
These were plugged into a 110v feed from the transformer.
There is very conveniently a 240v socket from the main switch box.
Simply plug the cables into this and the backbox strip light is now fed 240v - my led strip light now works! No starter, no ballast.

c29bd2133df8b915559394b3b412f173.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom