What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tspp flipper rebuild / help

Tomshine

Site Supporter
Hi there, still pretty new to pinball but now having 3 machines I’ve started to play around and fix quite a few issues.

One issue I believe I could do with some advice with though is my tspp has a weak upper playfield left flipper - it is really hard to get behind the tv.

I’m looking the rebuild the flipper and wondered if there was a standard rebuild kit available in the uk?

Any other tips welcome

Thanks
Tom

Hi there, still pretty new to pinball but now having 3 machines I’ve started to play around and fix quite a few issues.

One issue I believe I could do with some advice with though is my tspp has a weak upper playfield left flipper - it is really hard to get behind the tv.

I’m looking the rebuild the flipper and wondered if there was a standard rebuild kit available in the uk?

Any other tips welcome

Thanks
Tom

Pinball mania or Pinball Heaven will have a kit for that, no doubt!
Should be easy to identify. I'm sure someone else will come and link to the correct one.

Flipper rebuilds aren't too difficult, the hardest part can be undoing the hex bolt that clamps onto the flipper bat. Once that's off its all straightforward!

Any other tips welcome

Thanks
Tom
The right tools goes a long way, don't try and do it with cheap soldier and rubbish tools.

Recommend some bits from pinball heaven

https://www.pinball.co.uk/tools/

1) Allen keys. 2) soldier 3) rosin paste flux I got mine on amazon
4) soldering iron, not sure with the mini playfield but you will need a 40 watt rather than a 15 if it's under, don't buy a cheap Chinese one 5) de soldering gun 5) wire strippers from pinball heaven makes doing the ends easy 6) safety glasses and iron holder 😉

Having previously never done it before, it's not that difficult, use the flux to paste over the existing wires, hold de soldering gun to suck up the soldier, lightly touch the wire ends with the iron, very little pressure required, suck up old soldier. Clean wire end or snip with wire strippers, use flux on ends, melt solder on tip and quickly press on wire end with coil. It might take a couple of tries but just take it slow and it will be fine. Light touch is best

There are complete rebuild kits but I believe the Simpsons is the same as my LOTR in which case I couldn't find a ready built one, only the flipper parts. Not the base plate or end stoppers all together. Unlike my STTNG where pinball heaven had idiot proof ones all ready made

Back
Top Bottom