What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trough problems solved. (newer type trough)

replicas' date=' post: 1689025 said:
I did look for that one but forgot where I had seen it.

Cheapest by a long way and surpose to solve the magnetize problem.

I bought one of these for my JD, it works great and solved my problems completely.

My solution is the cheapest and quickest of all, about 1p and 5 mins of your time, remove the two trough screws nearest the plunger, slacken the rest & insert a couple of slim washers between the trough and playfield on the plunger side (you need to experiment here on thickness) refit the two removed screws through the washers (this increases the slope of the trough) and tighten the rest up as required, this will more than likely do the trick, did for me on a recent pin when all the regular methods failed, to be honest the trough looked in mighty fine shape before I started the above but that was a quick solution without spending your hard earned dough.

Brought to you by the Dreadmeisters tip of the day service, get an adult to help you or use some double sided sticky tape to hold the washers in place before you insert the screws, I will think of some other quick repair you can do with the empty washing up liquid bottle later.

Dreads' date=' post: 1689075 said:
My solution is the cheapest and quickest of all, about 1p and 5 mins of your time, remove the two trough screws nearest the plunger, slacken the rest & insert a couple of slim washers between the trough and playfield on the plunger side (you need to experiment here on thickness) refit the two removed screws through the washers (this increases the slope of the trough) and tighten the rest up as required, this will more than likely do the trick, did for me on a recent pin when all the regular methods failed, to be honest the trough looked in mighty fine shape before I started the above but that was a quick solution without spending your hard earned dough.

Brought to you by the Dreadmeisters tip of the day service, get an adult to help you or use some double sided sticky tape to hold the washers in place before you insert the screws, I will think of some other quick repair you can do with the empty washing up liquid bottle later.

If you do this on a Theatre of Tragic you can then just switch it off and play with the washing up liquid bottle ---- waaaay more fun
wink-1.png

Brought to you by Sgt GrizZ and the SCTOMA Sunday 'Sniper' School

How about, filling it with water and squirting it on the Popeye playfield for that realistic water on deck effect, I may be a SCPPA (NC) member but have to defend the TOM as I am one of the founder members of the NCTOMPA :confused: (foooooooook me that does not roll off the tongue now does it)

Strange that Williams changed from a ball trough that was bullet prove to the one on WPC95 that has brought so many problems.

Like the saying goes if its not broke don't fix it.

Back
Top Bottom