What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tron Project

Big tone

Registered
So I’ve had my Tron pro for a few months now and I thought I’d share the restoration.
Love the theme and fast gameplay.
Still not got to portal yet!

I was massively underwhelmed with the lack of light and small Tron related items, so I decided to spend some cash!

Full LED do over from Pinbulbs.
Large light cycles that light up.
Full topside playfield strip and a 100% Mylar applied.
Ramp Strip lights from Andy.
Put an let in the recogniser.
Translucent rubbers.
Colour LED dmd.
Lots of things I’ve forgotten.
Mark B Tron mini cabinet ( that came to day )
I’ve added photos [emoji3]

It’s still not finished still got mirror blades and power coating to sort out.

The cabinet is full of light now even in the day - my Creech at the side of it is full LED conversation and looks standard.

It’s a good job I like the theme and gameplay because this machine is a total money pit.

Please do not list any other mods I should get. I will have to sell one of the kids [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need to play it more if GC still 75m

Running a modded sound rom?

Im working on it. It’s a brutal game
No sound mods yet but never say never [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I added a pinstadium kit to my tron and the difference was night and day (pun intended)

I have the movie faithful remix with a couple of tweaks if you want to try it. I added sounds from the arcade games for the 3 TRON target modifiers.

They take on the colour of the lamps they are next to.
Pinball mania sell them and most others.9fac1f2565cddd33f68c19e55003a6cf.jpg

This is a list from pinside chat for all the rubbers needed

3x flipper rubber 545-5277-00
2x 2" 525-5348-20
6x 7/16" OD 545-5348-17-40
9x 3/16" 545-5348-01-40
8x black sleeve 545-5308-65
2x bumper blk pad w grommet 545-5105-00
7x 1 1/4" 545-5348-06
2x 1 1/2" 545-5348-07-40

I used yellow and blue sleeves and yellow and blue flipper rubbers

We have similar Tron tastes. I just need a colour DMD, but in no rush at a touch to £400!

I had problems with EL wire on mine so got a Pindulino chase kit from the states.

Also got @insx movie faithful mix in.
As you can see I've gone very blue with Comets from @philpalmer

I put a clear Tron disc in too and it's still bedding in. To say its fast is an understatement!

This will be the very last pin I would sell being a Tron fanboy.

Attachments

• 20190810_102415.jpg
    20190810_102415.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Also got @insx movie faithful mix in.

You haven't got my tweaked mix but it's not that different. I wanted something to alert me to the modifiers so I added some Tron sounds. I also preferred the original Derezzed for Quorra so I changed it back. I changed the Light Cycle music too. Probably not worth changing if you're happy with the original though.

You haven't got my tweaked mix but it's not that different. I wanted something to alert me to the modifiers so I added some Tron sounds. I also preferred the original Derezzed for Quorra so I changed it back. I changed the Light Cycle music too. Probably not worth changing if you're happy with the original though.
Yep I'm happy!

If I knew how to the only change for me personally is to get Solar Sailer in the mix. It was omitted from the album. I have it on an hour loop at home and quite like the way the tune works. I think there is a place there somewhere in the machine.

If I knew how to the only change for me personally is to get Solar Sailer in the mix. It was omitted from the album. I have it on an hour loop at home and quite like the way the tune works. I think there is a place there somewhere in the machine.

I guess if you were going to have it, it would be for Sea of Simulation. The problem for the producer of the Movie Faithful Mix (as you probably know) was that he didn't feel that the slower tempo Daft Punk stuff really fitted with the game. It's easy enough to get it in there, the hard part is to find a suitable loop of the right length.

My Tron came with the clear disk rubbers already fitted.
Unfortunately the disk has thrown them both off after about 50 games.
I have removed the motor cleaned the glue off rubbers and plastic wheel and used some contact adhesive.
It’s been down for a few days now, never going to get the elusive Portal!
Fingers crossed it stays on tomorrow.
Will be nice to here the new sound track [emoji106]

Thanks for all the codes Ian it must have taken an age.

Just played the daft punk one [emoji106]
Trying the next now
Which version is on yours?

Back
Top Bottom