What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Tron Legacy

Expired Due to no activity

MisterMarty

Registered
Hello folks. This one on eBay is mine. eBay and Paypal will automatically pocket nearly £500 for the transaction, so I'd much rather sell it here. I'm open to offers. This item is in Ireland but can be shipped on a pallet to your address. Probably better to message me directly as I'm not on the forums often, these days. I'm hoping Moose will buy it. I suspect he is a secret Millionaire!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123520851062

This might help you out for market value of Tron:

I'd suggest relisting it during one of the £1 Final Value Fee weekends (unless you're a business in which case you might not get that)

Not what you want to hear but it's strong money for a stock Tron Pro.

"This scarce Pinball Table was produced Exclusively by Stern for UK release"

If it's a stock pro it's neither particularly scarce nor produced exclusively for UK release...unless by the latter you mean you can only play it in the UK due to the 50/60hz lockout?

When I get bored of my fairly heavily modified Tron it will be on here for 4K.

Showroom use only? Not HUO.......
Would be nice if it was Mint but if on display in a music, movie and media store on High street to general public to use then I would guess it’s seen some action. But who knows....

"This scarce Pinball Table was produced Exclusively by Stern for UK release"

If it's a stock pro it's neither particularly scarce nor produced exclusively for UK release...unless by the latter you mean you can only play it in the UK due to the 50/60hz lockout?
I'd suggest relisting it during one of the £1 Final Value Fee weekends (unless you're a business in which case you might not get that)

Not what you want to hear but it's strong money for a stock Tron Pro.

Thanks for the constructive comment but as you rightly assume, £1 Final Value weekends do not apply to Business sellers. Kind regards.

I would change the add on eBay if I'm honest and you might create more interest. Too many red flags for me. It's been on eBay for ages that one !

Red flags? We're highly recommended sellers with excellent feedback and trusted by our valued customers. I'm not sure what you mean but please feel free to clarify.

Just had a £3 Final Value Fee weekend for business sellers - first one there has been (fingers crossed they do more in future). I put about 50 higher value listings on (books rather than pinball!), kicking myself that I forgot my travel section - got 12 £200+ books in it, although those 12 have failed to sell a few months ago at 10% higher prices.

Red flags? We're highly recommended sellers with excellent feedback and trusted by our valued customers. I'm not sure what you mean but please feel free to clarify.
A few tips as I see it:
  • A lot of close-angle shots of the machine with no 'overall' shots can make it look like something is being hidden in what hasn't been shown
  • The ***RARE*** type stars in the description is very eBay 00's, I would remove those personally
  • People that are likely to spend five grand plus on this will already know what Tron and Tron Legacy are, so you don't need the marketing blurb for the game. Just describe the condition of the machine itself, nothing else. If that is a pretty short description, so be it.
  • In pinball terms, Tron Legacy is not a rare game, it's one of the stronger selling Stern games. There's a known 400 units of the Limited Edition alone. The translite of the one you have for sale is from the third production run of the game - not many Stern games are so lucky to be so hot selling
It's a lot of money (even if you were selling it at a fifth of the price, it's still 'real money') so people will look for tiny things like this. There is also a real problem of listings for machines by sellers that don't actually own the game, and this is usually listings with 'strange' selections of photos. No comment on you but it's buyers looking after themselves, scrolling through listings.

I think this kind of listing might help you get a sale quicker: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Williams...077086?hash=item2f32d1dc1e:g:NX8AAOSwCrNdD1dW
(Full disclosure - I help out with Fife Street Social Club and this is an eBay listing for one of their games, but I'm not involved in their game procurement/sales. Just so happens it was the first eBay listing I clicked on that I felt was a good example...)

Of course, just my advice, feel free to ignore totally if you disagree

Last edited:
For info, I sold a very nice clean example TRON Pro earlier this year, fully LED'd, ramp lights fitted and full Cliffy set of protectors. Best price I could get was £37501

why does this thread exist? to spamvertise an eBay listing for a pin that's 30% overpriced?!

why does this thread exist? to spamvertise an eBay listing for a pin that's 30% overpriced?!
The OP has said they are open to offers from forum members, the price is there to see, and this isn't the first time a member has flagged up a machine they have listed on EBay. I'm not really seeing a problem.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Please specify a price with your item. This isn't eBay, and as such isn't really a place for auctions.

no price here.

Gents, if you click on the user name you'll see he last logged on in Sept 2019 so I doubt you'll receive an answer...

Gents, if you click on the user name you'll see he last logged on in Sept 2019 so I doubt you'll receive an answer...

I thought it was a new sale post, all I saw was Tron and know you have to get in quick with you lot, so posted a comment before I read any of the posts 😁

Back
Top Bottom