What's new

Translite mouting parts

ChrisH

Site Supporter
Alias
CHR
Vpin very nearly completed after eventually getting around to it over the last few weeks :)
I used an old WPC backbox, and build the main cabinet body from scratch (to fit the 39" screen properly + it had to be assembled in situ!)
I need to fit a sheet of Perspex over the backbox screen, which is sitting flush with the batons that would normally support the translite, which got me thinking rather than trying to invent my own mechanism of mounting it cutting the Perspex myself could I just mount a clear translite plastic in there?
What would I need in terms of trim/fixings - I'd need a new lock at the top as I don't have the key, but I assume I'd need at least some of the channel parts too + the plastic sheet obviously (My plan would be to mask off and paint the areas I want covered with an acrylic paint which is how I did the bezel on my MAME cabinet)

@Pick Holder - I know you've done a few, any suggestions on how to go about it?

And a happy new year to all :)

I use normal glass, but I make a bezel to cover the edges of the screen/monitor out of mounting card that is velcro'ed to the screen. I have also used black plastic adhesive wrap on the rear of the glass as a bezel.

The screen is mounted to the back of the backbox, I do not have the screen supported on the back of the glass.

Back
Top Bottom