What's new

Expired Translite Framing Service

Expired Due to no activity

Courtney Blush

Never enough space.
Alias
Courtney
Hi guys.

OK further to the feedback from before I have been in touch with my framer and this is what I got back.

You can add your own led strip behind the translite as it's deep enough to do so.

The Translite is sandwiched between two pieces of high quality perspex and then the sandwich is fitted into the frame (removeable) then the whole thing will be shipped back to you.

I did enquire about them supplying it as a kit and they said they would rather not do that.

"Hi Courtney

Your framed translate is on its way back today.

I have worked out a price for you, the main cost element is the Perspex as it requires two pieces and the quality we use is not cheap. We can take a Translite provided by you, frame in Black, sandwich the translite between two pieces of Perspex and pin into the frame. Box and return to you by carrier.

Cost £44.25 plus VAT

Plus P&P - £5.95

We are looking at the frame profile provided and would consider using a slightly heavier quality frame to give additional rigidity at no additional cost. Please also be aware that we accept no liability for any damaged translites during the framing process.

I hope this meets with your approval.

Kind regards

Andrew"

I am not making anything out of it. but they are professional framers with a fast turn around. They have asked that they have a single point of contact, I guess that would be me but I haven't worked that out yet as you will be paying the company direct. Probably based on a common account number or something.

I will send the address to those of you who want to use the service.

Here are the pics of the test one I asked them to do. Xmen.

Fitting kit and return carriage by a next day courier is included in the price quoted.

Courtney

IMG_5174.JPG
IMG_5175.JPG
IMG_5176.JPG
IMG_5177.JPG

I would of made them a bit deeper as you may see the leds behind as dots when it's that close to the translite.

Would be better with say an inch behind the translite with a back panel on. With the design you've had I suppose you could put the leds around the edge.....

If you used colour changers you'd have to put the controller outside.

I don't have any real choice this is the only way they can make it and this is the price they set, not me.

No matter how much space you allow, LED's directly behind will always cause "hot spots".

The best way to fit LED's on that is attach the strip around the inner edges of the frame, so the LEDs are facing inwards at themselves. If you hang that on a white wall the reflection from the wall will push soft diffused light through the translite.

Or even better, go buy a sheet of white A1 card from a craft shop and stick/staple it to the back of the frame. Then you have a sealed light box.

You're welcome peeps. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom